• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benefits......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    why dont i do it in between being sick, feeling dizzy, wetting myself and sleeping?
    Drink problem eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      To get JSA you need to be 'available for work', so obviously she fails on that count. If she had left a job to have the baby she would get paid maternity leave.
      See my earlier post - she is available for work! you can't not employ a women on the grounds that she is pregnant - not unless it prevents her from doing the job.
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        See my earlier post - she is available for work! you can't not employ a women on the grounds that she is pregnant - not unless it prevents her from doing the job.
        Yes, let's employ a pregnant woman, that'll be a good idea!!!

Comment

I actually suggested that, she shot me a look and said:

when you idiot? oh i know why dont i do it in between being sick, feeling dizzy, wetting myself and sleeping?
          if she is going to get all touchy about it, my advice is, dont tell her about the hemorrhoids

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Realistically though, who is going to employ a woman that is four month's pregnant when they know that she will want maternity leave within a few months. I just can't see an employer taking her on in the current climate and thus neither would the Jobcentre.

Comment

Realistically though, who is going to employ a woman
              Public sector?

Comment

Realistically though, who is going to employ a woman that is four month's pregnant when they know that she will want maternity leave within a few months. I just can't see an employer taking her on in the current climate and thus neither would the Jobcentre.
                Discrimination

Get her to apply for as many jobs as she can then if she does not get them say you will sue on discrimination grounds!

Comment

I actually suggested that, she shot me a look oh i know why dont i do it in between being sick, feeling dizzy, wetting myself and sleeping?
                  Is she a banker ?

Comment

Are you sure?
                    It is illegal not to employ anyone because they are pregnant so surely you can claim JSA. Quick look around states you can not claim JSA if you are:

within eleven weeks of the baby being due OR · before that date, but are “incapable of work” because of difficulties with the pregnancy
                    Yes it is illegal to not hire a pregnant woman. They won't say that though will they they'll just find a reason.

Anyway NetwkSupport said that his Mrs wasn't looking for work.

Because she's pregnant she isnt looking for work so cant get JSA or anything.
                    See that is totally different. She's not looking for work so no JSA.

If she wants JSA then tell her to go looking for some work. Simple. With all due respect its not upto the Govt to pay your mrs to sit around and be pregnant. If its planned then shirley you budgeted for this and if its not then you've only really got yourself to blame. If she 4 months pregnant then she's got 9 weeks of JSA allowed.

And our survey says......urrrghhh!!! She's not looking

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    if she is going to get all touchy about it, my advice is, dont tell her about the hemorrhoids
                    I like to mention to my newly pregnant friends the miracle of the vaganus. Knowing more about pregnancy than most women really does have advantages in the pub and pish taking.

Get her to apply for as many jobs as she can then if she does not get them say you will sue on discrimination grounds!
                    Why? You'd have to prove a lesser skilled non pregnant candidate got the job and then all they'll say is that they liked her personality / corporate fit better.
                    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 6 April 2009, 15:05.

Comment

Ok- then lie, most people who claim benefit do.

Say she is looking for work and claim JSA which she is entitled to. If she gets an interview, looking at the answers here - she would not get the job anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X