• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do these attacks usually seem to happen in North England?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The vikings were a bit like locusts. They were peaceful traders and neighbours one minute, then they would 'swarm' and become dangerous predators and raiders the next. One theory is that they used peaceful trading expeditions as spying missions, looking for victims.

I am pretty sure that the two lads who are being questioned at the moment, presumably under the anti-terrorism laws, will finger Olaf the Red and Sven Bluetooth as the people who egged them on to do this.
    My Norwegian mate at Uni told me a tale of Vikings. The vikings liked a drink and a drug. Apparently they used to get lagered up drinking local brew out of defeated warrior's skulls (hence where the Norwegian name for 'cheers' comes from 'skol') - and then eat red and white spotted mushrooms ........ which are quite aptly named 'berserk'... then go on the rampage:P

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Boys arrested over vicious attack

I blame Viking genes, seriously, as most settled in Yorkshire and Lancashire under the Danelaw
      Bollux.
      So all the black kids knifing each other in London are descended from Vikings?

Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Not forgetting Eric Bloodaxe of course...
        Eric Bloodaxe.
        What a name. We don't do names like that anymore. You wouldnt want to tangle with someone called Eric Bloodaxe.
        I can just imagine the scene from 'Scum'

Carling - 'Wheres yer tool?'
        Eric Bloodaxe - 'What tool?'
        Carling - 'THIS fking tool' (Carling lets a length of pipe slip down his sleeve)
        Eric Bloodaxe 'Oh got you' (EB pulls a double headed hand axe from behind his back)
        Eric Bloodaxe 'So who's the fkng daddy then ?'

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Eric Bloodaxe.
          What a name. We don't do names like that anymore. You wouldnt want to tangle with someone called Eric Bloodaxe.
          I can just imagine the scene from 'Scum'

Carling - 'Wheres yer tool?'
          Eric Bloodaxe - 'What tool?'
          Carling - 'THIS fking tool' (Carling lets a length of pipe slip down his sleeve)
          Eric Bloodaxe 'Oh got you' (EB pulls a double headed hand axe from behind his back)
          Eric Bloodaxe 'So who's the fkng daddy then ?'

Beer
          is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

All those attacks by locals on foreign students down south don't happen then? (I saw a news report only a couple of days ago - some lowlife attacked a Japanese student here in the Oxford area last year and now he's confined to a wheelchair back home). A poster above has pointed out there's been plenty of attacks (and not a few killings) by gangs in London. And of course you never get any Chelsea, West Ham or Millwall fans misbehaving...
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

<comic book guy>
              Worst troll ever.
              </ comic book guy>
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Bollux.
                So all the black kids knifing each other in London are descended from Vikings?

What a completely moronic counterargument. Not like you Sasguru, must be monday.

Hint: The fact that crows are black doesn't exclude the possibility of other bird species also being black.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  IIRC the majority of the Edlington population are descended from families imported from Wales to work down t'pit.

So that kinda blows that Viking thing nonsense out of the water, what what?
                  A lot of the "Welsh" mine workers were originally Irish. When the pits in Northern Wales became exhausted they moved either to the coal fields of the North West or to Yorkshire.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    What a completely moronic counterargument. Not like you Sasguru, must be monday.

Hint: The fact that crows are black doesn't exclude the possibility of other bird species also being black.

Sorry mate. Schoolboy error in logic.

Your argument might hold water if you show me a culture/race/country where such events do NOT occur.

PS Hope this is a troll otherwise the level of education has fallen to a truly abysmal standard.
                    Last edited by sasguru; 6 April 2009, 11:57.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I still maintain, as a personal impression over the years, that when you hear about egregiously violent cases similar to this and the Bulger incident, with indigenous scrotes as the perps, it turns out to have happened more often in North England than South.

The Viking genes theory was just a passing thought, not some bee in my bonnet (and not a troll either - curious how people immediately jump to that conclusion whenever some slightly contentious opinion is expressed).

Also, I did allude to Threaded's argument that Scandinavians don't seem more than averagely homicidal these days (although it could be argued that they are descended from the stay-at-home guys, rather than the marauders who emigrated, so there's a kind of filter at work).

But probably the best counterargument is that so many people have moved around over the last century and before that it's hard to justify explaining behaviour traits in some area (if there even are any differences) on ancestors who lived there many centuries ago.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X