• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dan Hannan for PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    just search for hannan on youtube.
    UK media didn't make much of it, says it all really. Imagine if a true tory PM got ripped to pieces like that they would promote it like mad especially the Beeb.

Comment

Ouch.

'The devalued Prime Minister, of a devalued government'.

Nice.

Comment

Best bit was the "we know, you know, we know you know"

Comment

The video got loads of media attention and a great reception in the US, but our media didnt see fit to cover it much.

Here's the link:
          The devalued Prime Minister of a devalued Government

2,007,341 views as of this moment.

This video is just great, Daniel Hannan being interviewed on US television:

Linky
          Last edited by SantaClaus; 3 April 2009, 22:27.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
            true conservatives don't want cameron to carry on with a liberal-left administration
            'True conservatives' won't win a general election. I'll probabl vote tory this time, but if your lot reverts to type I wouldn't touch em with a barge pole.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Dave would walk the next election if he appointed someone with a background as the shadow Chancellor. Loyalty's ok in some areas, but we need someone with stature to sort out our economy. George "I once did some datainputting after leaving uni" Osborne seems totally out of his depth. Either Ken Clark or William Hague (I'm not a fan of his but he has stature) should be given the job . Until this happens Dave's giving the impression he doesn't fancy being the next PM.
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Actually just watched it - he's a c0 ck.

Might appeal to the tory hardcore, but he's def not one for the masses.

Anyway, the public never vote on speeches - how many Tory leaders sat across from Blair, giving him a mauling and that never made any diufference.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
                  I don't agree with your BBC-like idea of where the centre ground is.
                  I'm afraid tht AtW is right. And I fear that you are falling into the sductive trap of thinking that since your own views are so moderate and sensible (arent't they? I know mine are) then that must be where the middle ground is.

No: the middle ground is, by definition, the people who could vote for either of the parties likely to form a government.

A large body of voters will always vote Labour, and a large body of voters will always vote Conservative. Those vote shares tend to be more or less equal and constant (a party that ceased to have a large block of permanent support would cease to be one of the parties likely to form a government; or would change its ways to keep its core support). It is the floating voters who decide. They are defined not by what you or I or the BBC think is "middle", but by the very fact that they float. Nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                    Dave would walk the next election if he appointed someone with a background as the shadow Chancellor. Loyalty's ok in some areas, but we need someone with stature to sort out our economy. George "I once did some datainputting after leaving uni" Osborne seems totally out of his depth. Either Ken Clark or William Hague (I'm not a fan of his but he has stature) should be given the job . Until this happens Dave's giving the impression he doesn't fancy being the next PM.
                    To be fair Dave has tried to set up/get rid of George twice already with the coke'n'tarts and Corfu yacht stories, but George has been able to use the Bullingdon/Toffs Club link. Third time lucky hopefully.

Ken Clark - yesterday's man, too much history from the 80s/90s.

William Hague - right leader at the wrong time. Probably the best available choice left for shadow chancellor.
                    Last edited by moorfield; 4 April 2009, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                      William Hague - right leader at the wrong time. Probably the best available choice left for shadow chancellor.
                      Hague can rip anyone in UK politics a new if he gets a chance and when he got to do PMQs last year he was on cracking form. Probably the best speaker in the house.

Comment

Working...
                      X