• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The G20 has lost the plot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sas's vote for idiot of the day....spot on I would say.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

PM'd Chris79 a few times. Proper nice bloke. HTH
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Populist nonsense for simpletons.
        Don't bother your tiny brain cell with economics.

In fact, as Keynes showed, a country (it's businesses, government and people) HAS to spend its way out of recession.
        Keynes' thing is really just a re-hash of the old biblical thing of seven years of plenty followed by seven years of famine, i.e. in good times you store up in preparation for bad times.

Unfortunately, governments only like to look at the borrow/spend bit of the deal, so it's doomed to failure.

Comment

I am sick and tired of Keynesian Economic Theory.

NONE of his theories have been proven.

Because unless you can track the timeline in a parallel universe that did NOT apply Keynes's theories, you can't say whether it helped or hindered.

The Great Depression tried Keynes' approach and it took a world war 15 years later to drag the world out of the economic doldrums. Keynesian tactics failed in the '30s.

From a basic common sense perspective Keynes pretty much advocates Inflating away the debt in all but name.

If you are not TRULY creating new wealth via tangible worthwhile products and services, you are basically pushing around funny money and devaluing everything.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
            Keynes' thing is really just a re-hash of the old biblical thing of seven years of plenty followed by seven years of famine, i.e. in good times you store up in preparation for bad times.

Unfortunately, governments only like to look at the borrow/spend bit of the deal, so it's doomed to failure.
            no the idea is in the good times you store up reserves and spend THAT in the bad times, not spend it all in the first good years then borrow in the next seven

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              Sas's vote for idiot of the day....spot on I would say.

You have to be idiot of the day for agreeing with the stupid fool !!

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                s readers know, I always blamed the credit bubble on two forces.

Wrong.
                Do you mean he's wrong to assume that readers know, for example because you're a reader and you didn't know, or that he hasn't always blamed the credit bubble on two forces, because you remember an article when he blamed it on something else, or that he has and readers know he has, but is wrong?

OH in "Sir Humphrey" mode
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

g20 produces one trillion dollars from behind your ear

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                    I am sick and tired of Keynesian Economic Theory.

NONE of his theories have been proven.

Because unless you can track the timeline in a parallel universe that did NOT apply Keynes's theories, you can't say whether it helped or hindered.

The Great Depression tried Keynes' approach and it took a world war 15 years later to drag the world out of the economic doldrums. Keynesian tactics failed in the '30s.

From a basic common sense perspective Keynes pretty much advocates Inflating away the debt in all but name.

If you are not TRULY creating new wealth via tangible worthwhile products and services, you are basically pushing around funny money and devaluing everything.
                    Thank you O great economist. When do you pick up your Nobel?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Thank you O great economist. When do you pick up your Nobel?
                      You are a real dick, possibly the most arrogant person posting on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X