• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's working abroad like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Language shouldn't be an issue. They all talk English, even if they pretend they don't....
    Bored.

Comment

Ah, I should have said i'm in the UK. There's work lined up in here until about half way through the tax year.

I haven't had any firm offers, I just get sent a lot of job adverts for countract positions in a few european countries, agents say there are positions waiting etc. That makes me think I could easily get a contract, hopefully for a decent rate

Usually they say they're looking for a 6 month duration with the possibility of extension. So it could be as little as 6 months, or ,12+ months. Depends if I like it (or more importantly what my other half thinks)

I'm tempted, but want to go into it with my eyes open and not discover later it's really stressful, or there are lots of catches.

Comment

Working...
      X