• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chico

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to work with a very religious guy, his answer for "the hypocritical teachings" was that some just did not count or were wrong.

Well that was untill the next day when they were correct

Sounds like trying to argue with a woman !
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Do we just stand aside and see people brutalized or do we take a stand?

But in this instance it is Sadrs millita who killed the UK troops with Saudi funding , why then a war against Iran ?

Surely you should be calling for action against Sadr and his millita ?

Comment

He he

AJP

Don't confuse the poor boy with the complicated and nuanced truth of the situation.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          AJP

Don't confuse the poor boy with the complicated and nuanced truth of the situation.
          Aye SG

Thing was I bumped into that Sadr bloke in a bar in Brussels the other day, took my jacket off and asked him to step outside, next thing I knew he dissapeared on a flying carpet.

Next time ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            Chico, you have a passage for every occasion, but then again so the book is suitably ambiguous to give you the amunition.
            You keep telling us how you live by the book so justify your support for war against "thou shalt not kill" and "turn the other cheek" oh tulip, I have been trumped with "an eye for an eye". It still says you must obey the commandments though fzzzt does not compute brrrrrpppp fzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

How is one supposed to decipher such hypocritical teachings?
            Well its all about context. To the untrained eye there are many apparent contradictions however diligent study of The Bible reveals there are none. And pulling bits of it random to make your point suggests ignorance on your part. Tell you what - you can read the entire Bible in a year. So why don’t we reconvene in a years time and you ask that question again.
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
              Well its all about context. To the untrained eye there are many apparent contradictions however diligent study of The Bible reveals there are none. And pulling bits of it random to make your point suggests ignorance on your part. Tell you what - you can read the entire Bible in a year. So why don’t we reconvene in a years time and you ask that question again.
              The only thing I recall in the Bible was Thou Shall not Kill.

Maybe I missed small print ....

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                The only thing I recall in the Bible was Thou Shall not Kill.

Maybe I missed small print ....
                Yes if only the terrorists and the evil dictators obeyed that commandment - What a wonderful world it would be!!!
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Yes if only the terrorists and the evil dictators obeyed that commandment - What a wonderful world it would be!!!
                  Kumbaya. que sera sera!
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ahembultulipmmmm.
                    One day you will answer a question.
                    Expalin the paradox generated when "thou shalt NOT KILL" comes up against "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and a life for a life".
                    I dont have a year to wait for you to actualy read the bible.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

And pulling bits of it random to make your point suggests ignorance on your part.
                      Oh come off it Chico ... be a teensy weensy bit reasonable at least. No one here 'pulls bits from the bible' more than you in order to attempt making a point.

Comment

Working...
                      X