• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ambitious women

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Hi Pogle, alright flower?
    Fine sweetie

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      My experience suggests about 50% of managers are rubbish. Haven't noticed a significant difference between males and females.
      70%
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        Fine sweetie

Glad you took that in the spirit it was intended. Was momentarily worried.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          70%
          Sorry
          50% rubbish
          20% psychotic
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I've only ever worked under one female project manager and she was the best of all, also a contractor, and commanded tremendous respect. In fact, most managers that I have worked under I have had tremendous respect for.
            Perhaps I have been lucky !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              I've only ever worked under one female project manager and she was the best of all, also a contractor, and commanded tremendous respect. In fact, most managers that I have worked under I have had tremendous respect for.
              Perhaps I have been lucky !!
              When they are good, they are very very good
              But when they are bad they are horrid!
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                Like my kids!

most of the decent managers i've worked with of either sex have always been contractors. Permie managers tend to be smug as well as arrogant, wheresas the contract management "go that extra mile" (sorry for the permie speak)
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                  My girly (the senior police officer type) has just been promoted and I agree with the first part, that when they are good they are very very good, but disagree with the second part, because when she's really bad: she's better...
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    My girly (the senior police officer type) has just been promoted and I agree with the first part, that when they are good they are very very good, but disagree with the second part, because when she's really bad: she's better...
                    I know a chap who dated one of the few women to have reached the board of a blue chip corporation. Apparently she was a fiery dictator on the workfloor and a bit of a ‘sub’ in the bedroom, if you catch my drift.

Obviously, I shan't name him or her; wouldn't be fair (privacy and all that), but is there a causal link? Are many of those bitchy female managers complete sexslaves at home?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

reminds me of a hopeless PM I had once, who happened to be a woman.

Totally useless at the job so she was, and she was a contractor too.

but the oddest part about her was she had all the mannerisms of a 14 year old. huffy, made faces when things weren't going her way, stood with her mobile phone checking in the way kids do, phone in hand, staring at it intently.

(waiting for comment along the lines of "aren't all women like that?")

Comment

Working...
                      X