• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ambitious women

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I hate working for women - they are bitches and I have no doubt my lot think I have my moments too
    There was a woman 'Boss' where I worked, would not mind but I picked out her CV and after an initial chat - got the IT director to interview her for a role which she later got. What a female dog she was, as a ServiceDesk Manager she employed young lads, none of the girls who applied got a look-in, she did not want the competition. She was Ok with women on the same 'grade' as her but anyone else she was vile. I hated her and she hated me - thank Christ I was a contractor.

If you find a good women boss - they are normally exceptional, but they are very few and far between.

I have worked with two female PM's and never had a problem with either of them, so not all women bosses are c**p.
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I'm glad you've said that. It saves me from being accused of sexism.
      sexist

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        sexist

Well yes, alright, but unfortunately I’ve never met a female manager who isn’t a silly moustache short of the full Hitler. I’ve met a few dickhead male managers too, and I’m sure there are good female managers; I just haven’t met them yet.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Well yes, alright, but unfortunately I’ve never met a female manager who isn’t a silly moustache short of the full Hitler. I’ve met a few dickhead male managers too, and I’m sure there are good female managers; I just haven’t met them yet.
          Just because I have never had a good experience with a female manager, doesn't mean that every man manager I have encountered has been wonderful. Some are the most obnoxious assholes around!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Just because I have never had a good experience with a female manager, doesn't mean that every man manager I have encountered has been wonderful. Some are the most obnoxious assholes around!
            Oh yes, some of them are sitting in the same building as me. Not for long though; they’re all being benched this week too.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              sexist

There he goes again. BP you are on OUR side, stop lobbing grenades in our trench.

Mrs Suityou01 always says girls are/can be bitchy. Glad to hear if from the fairer sex.

There is a nice woman boss here, all mumsy. She runs the dept and this woman (the one missing the silly tache) reports to her. The fur flew last week, and silly tache lady walked out leaving mumsy all befuddled. Aww bless.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                There he goes again. BP you are on OUR side, stop lobbing grenades in our trench.

Mrs Suityou01 always says girls are/can be bitchy. Glad to hear if from the fairer sex.

There is a nice woman boss here, all mumsy. She runs the dept and this woman (the one missing the silly tache) reports to her. The fur flew last week, and silly tache lady walked out leaving mumsy all befuddled. Aww bless.
                Merely confirming a few facts.

I can assure you that while in general I am on my own side. in tpd its women and children first. but in general it is survival of the biggest troll.

Comment

The worst managers I've had by far have been men promoted above their abilities. In my experience many men do not like an intelligent woman telling them that they are mistaken and then proving them right when they ignore sensible advice.
                  I have had women managers and frankly I've had no problem with that. I just get on with my job and (hopefully) treat everyone with the same level of professionalism.

It really saddens me that women feel they have to behave like men to get anywhere. I don’t. I behave like me and try and do a good job - so far it seems to be working.
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    The worst managers I've had by far have been men promoted above their abilities. In my experience many men do not like an intelligent woman telling them that they are mistaken and then proving them right when they ignore sensible advice.
                    I have had women managers and frankly I've had no problem with that. I just get on with my job and (hopefully) treat everyone with the same level of professionalism.

It really saddens me that women feel they have to behave like men to get anywhere. I don’t. I behave like me and try and do a good job - so far it seems to be working.
                    Hi Pogle, alright flower?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

My experience suggests about 50% of managers are rubbish. Haven't noticed a significant difference between males and females.

On the lower levels, I have to say that a lot of women are a right royal pain in the arse. Bustling around making comments on peoples dress sense, organising collections and tea kittys you don't want to contribute to and jealously guarding their hard-won knowledge of how to operate the bloody fax machine. There's one in every office, and they know they'll never run the show so they get what power they can.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X