• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anybody here had ..........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second DP on disposable contacts, they are the bee's knees if you can wear them.

I also note, as some people are saying, that after 45 or so everybody needs glasses or lenses, because of presbyopia, i.e. the range of your vision is no longer wide enough to accommodate both near and far with any single correction. It's a personal choice but for me, if I have to have corrective lenses anyway, I may as well just have lenses, instead of surgery + lenses.

Also, I'm still not happy about the risks: there may be only a small risk of serious damage, but I would want that to be very small indeed. And there is I believe a greater risk of non-serious but permanent damage, such as halo effects round lights at night. OK you can still see, but I really wouldn't like that.

Again, it's personal. As someone who finds pleasure in being out in open places, and whose interest is taking photographs of the horizon, I'm really keen on being able to see the horizon well. I have even bought some lenses of -0.25 stronger than my prescription, they just get the far distance into better focus. Any photographer knows that you get better horizons if you focus on infinity than if you focus on the so-called hyperfocal distance, but that (infinity focusing) is another argument.

Comment

Working...
    X