• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know why The Norwich Union has been renamed Aviva ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metal Mickey View Post

Although the Norwich Union brand is old, tried and trusted in England, noone will have heard of it in other parts of the world so it is not viewed as helpful towards their mission to "keep up with the 'pru", sorry, expand globally.
    It wasn't a problem for these guys
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Or this lot

Comment

I'm still failing to see your point here Mitch. Are you annoyed with the name change?
        "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
        "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
          I'm still failing to see your point here Mitch. Are you annoyed with the name change?
          Not with the one particular name change, no. I'm annoyed with the kind of management quackery that involves spending silly amounts of money on name changes, rebranding and image engineering, when the really effective way to get a good name in the market is to spend years, or even decades, building, selling and servicing good products and services that please the customer, and also please the employees and suppliers who feel satisfaction at contributing to the product. I see too many of these 'Avivas', 'Capitas', 'Vitens', 'Essents' and so on who provide tulip service and dissatisfy their customers but think that yet another flash rebranding exercise will save their bacon. It's especially annoying when in some merger the quality of service you've come to expect from an organisation is destroyed due to the big job cuts and the difficulties of merging two firms with completely different cultures and histories.

I used to be insured for health costs by 'Het Groene Land' which was an insurer based locally; they were very good, with excellent service. They were swallowed by 'Achmea', which sounds like a scouser's cat in a bad mood, and their service is now tulipe because they've had to merge their admin with umpteen other insurers in the same group. I was always pleased with the helpful and knowledgeable people at WMO, who knew just about every water pipe in the area like the back of their hands, but now I have to ring some helpdesk in Amsterdam and talk to Vitens customer service who don't even know where Overijssel is.

Honestly, it's tulipe and I've had enough of it.

Comment

Working...
          X