• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's not April the 1st yet is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    You know, it puzzles me, that if an alien civilisation was so advanced to travel gazillions of light years across the universe, why would they try and make contact by making awkward pattens in fields of alfalfa, instead of using the telephone, the internet or even Facebook instead ?
    Perhaps they are trying to communicate in the only way they know how...through the medium of dance?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It reminds me of the London buses coming up to the last London Mayoral elections, with "Ken is a c**t" daubed on the rooves.

Comment

can it be seen on google maps?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm no expert - but it really dosn't look 'to scale' - the roundy bits are too small. To look as if they belong to the lengthy bit they'd need to be much bigger IMHO
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            I'm no expert - but it really dosn't look 'to scale' - the roundy bits are too small. To look as if they belong to the lengthy bit they'd need to be much bigger IMHO
            Yeah right

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              You won’t get much tea out of those bags.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                You know, it puzzles me, that if an alien civilisation was so advanced to travel gazillions of light years across the universe, why would they try and make contact by making awkward pattens in fields of alfalfa, instead of using the telephone, the internet or even Facebook instead ?
                No, no, no, the aliens pick random green and blue planets throughout the universe and fire highly accurate lasers that are just strong enough to traverse 20,000 light years and knock down a bit of corn.

It’s a sort of intergalactic cherry knocking.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                X