• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forced to lie!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I'm not really happy about this, but I know its the way of the contracting world.
    There are 3 of us on a short term project, I was asked over a week ago if I'd stay on til May, I said yes and was told not to mention it to the other two chaps as there was not enough budget for all 3 of us.
    I have since learnt that I'm the only one being kept on (- yay for me, I agree)
    BUT one of the chaps asked me this morning if I'd heard about any extensions, I had to say no.
    I really didn't like lying to him and its not my place to tell him what's going on, i just feel really bad about not telling him the truth.

I just needed to whinge about this and I know that a lot of you will laugh and just say I'm being a bit daft
    Wait untl the other 2 are gone : then demand a big rise to stay.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      ......I have since learnt that I'm the only one being kept on (- yay for me, I agree)
      BUT one of the chaps asked me this morning if I'd heard about any extensions, I had to say no.
      I really didn't like lying to him and its not my place to tell him what's going on, i just feel really bad about not telling him the truth.
      Methinks you answered correctly.
      You haven't heard about any extensions for HIM

Comment

Working...
      X