• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On snoring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your body mass index is : 30.55 (obese)
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      29. Overweight

It didn't tell me what my ideal height would be though
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        29. Overweight

It didn't tell me what my ideal height would be though
        BMI says nothing about whether you're fat. Most sportspeople have a high BMI, as do many manual labourers, even though they're actually very fit. However, it seems to be a very good indicator of snoring, regardless of fat levels. Which is perhaps a bit of a downer for women who like muscular men.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

27! Still overweight though!

Comment

When I snore it makes a sound like loud machinery (so Mrs D says). According to friends, this was also true when I was much younger (and slimmer). After the wife threatening to cut off body parts I'd rather keep, I went to the hospital and was diagnosed with severe sleep apnoea.

At night, I now have to wear a rather silly looking mask over my nose and mouth, attached to CPAP (or may be APAP) machine that basically keeps my airway open. I have to do this to keep my driving license.

The plus side is that it transformed my life from being knackered all the time (including regularly falling asleep when stopped in traffic) to having lots more energy.

It's worth checking out, but be aware there may be some drawbacks, such as having to inform the DVLA and your Primary Care Trust may not yet fund the equipment (£500+). However, NICE guidelines say they should, so do as I did and argue the case.

Comment

Originally posted by dezze View Post
              ..........At night, I now have to wear a rather silly looking mask over my nose and mouth.......
              and my wife makes me sleep naked by the door, but she does beat me at least twice a night.....

Comment

GF Snail says I never snore when she's had a couple of drinks....

Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Yes but GF Platypus is on the wagon at the moment

Comment

BMI says nothing about whether you're fat. Most sportspeople have a high BMI, as do many manual labourers, even though they're actually very fit. However, it seems to be a very good indicator of snoring, regardless of fat levels. Which is perhaps a bit of a downer for women who like muscular men.
                    That's what I tell myself

Phil Vickery is obese according to his BMI, I think most of my weight must be muscle
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                      That's what I tell myself

Phil Vickery is obese according to his BMI, I think most of my weight must be muscle
                      Yum, Phil Vickery...
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X