• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fat Burning Pills.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gf's surgery were asked to do a trial of them last year, the nurses and reception staff all got their hands on some spares but made the mistake of going for fish and chips after work after a couple of days on them.

They all stopped them there and then, apparently the side effects were pretty 'traumatic'.

The people on the trial were given a budget to cover any damage to furniture and bedding.

Heard something on the radio a couple of weeks ago about a new 'wonder drug' for fighting fat, the guy said 'most people won't make it to the second week', I then thought 'ahh, I know what that is'

Comment

There was actually something on telly about these last night (Fat Vs Skinny - Channel 4), they interviewed a woman who had apparantly lost over 10 stone using them, apparantly the worst part about using them is that every time she farted, she tulip herself.......

According to her, it happens to everyone who uses them.
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        Following on from that X factor family story....

Has anyone been given those new "wonder drug" diet pills from their doctor yet?

I've heard lots about them (mainly that they work, but they make you pretty much sh*t yourself after everything you eat!)

But I haven't tried them..and I dont know anyone who actually has - it's always a "friend of a friend".
        The pills I think you are referring to is called Orlistat (or Xenical). I was put on it a few years back, did me more harm than good. Had to quit my job because the pills made me ill.

However, like what most posters have suggested, exercise and a change in diet is needed. I'm taking some chinese herbals and have lost about 15kgs of weight since Early Dec. 08. Not a lot, but it's going in the right direction.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          The pills I think you are referring to is called Orlistat (or Xenical). I was put on it a few years back, did me more harm than good. Had to quit my job because the pills made me ill.

However, like what most posters have suggested, exercise and a change in diet is needed. I'm taking some chinese herbals and have lost about 15kgs of weight since Early Dec. 08. Not a lot, but it's going in the right direction.
          Whilst these things are relative, 15kg is a lot in just about anyones book. Keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            I'm taking some chinese herbals and have lost about 15kgs of weight since Early Dec. 08. Not a lot, but it's going in the right direction.

Good for you sir!

I think a lot of people forget that it can take months, if not years of bad eating habits and lack of exercise (in most cases) to put on excessive weight. Therefore it shouldn't suprise them to hear that it will probably take just as long, without drastically changing your life-style (e.g. daily vigourous exercise) to lose all that excess weight.

Sounds to me like these pills are just sugar-coated dysentry tablets!

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              That can't be good for you. What's wrong with a spot of regular *exercise*?
              WHS - there is only one way to lose weight properly: eat less and do lots of exercise, enough to make you really sweat rather than just walking to the kebab shop.

Comment

Dont let them put you off Sally Anne. Due to my life style I am an expert in 'anal leakage' and pooing streams of chip fat. Oh and farting like hurricane Katrina.
                It's not too difficult to get used to , and it can be quite entertaining on occasion. Just dont, ever, (and I mean ever) , imagine that you can hold it in. <cough>

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
                  WHS - there is only one way to lose weight properly: eat less and do lots of exercise, enough to make you really sweat rather than just walking to the kebab shop.

And that has proved SO successful - hasnt it?
                  I know many people who have lost weight - only to put it AND more back on.
                  I know someone who went on Lighterlife and lost half his body weight consuming only 475 calories a day for about 8 months, but put it all back on. I dare anyone to say he has no willpower!
                  Dealing with Obesity is a complex issue and if you look around you'll see that shouting at people to eat less and exercise more is frankly not effective.
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Following on from that X factor family story....

Has anyone been given those new "wonder drug" diet pills from their doctor yet?

I've heard lots about them (mainly that they work, but they make you pretty much sh*t yourself after everything you eat!)

But I haven't tried them..and I dont know anyone who actually has - it's always a "friend of a friend".
                    Whatever you do, DO NOT use ephedra based pills. They have been used by bodybuilders trying to lose fat for competition and bring a serious risk of heart failure and blood clots in the brain, kidneys and liver. That's why ephedrine is a banned substance for sportspeople; it's deadly if it's not used on doctor's advice for particular medical conditions.

I don't know about the other herbal pills, but I do know from personal experience (dyssentry on holiday in India ended my hopes to become a professional rugby player) that diarrhoea is not good for you, and also not a good permanent way to lose wieght, quite simply because as your body recovers from the sh*ts, it will store fat to get you through another eventual bout of sickness.

This also exposes the problem with dieting; if you eat too little , you train your body to withstand hunger. It does that by storing lots of fat the moment you eat a bit more.

As I've said before, the best way to lose fat and keep it off is to increase yor exercise and thereby build greater muscle mass; the muscles then use the fat as a fuel.

Sorry if my message seems a little spartan, but I really think most doctors would agree that a gradual increase in exercise would help much more than crash diets or pills.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

More doom Sally.
                      Just answer one question. Have you ever seen a rugby player that looks like Kate Moss ? no.
                      Therefore it's logic.
                      Take the dysentry pills, poo for Britain, forget exercise and watch the pounds just fall out.

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X