• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's far from over - Uber Doomed ™

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    I was very worried Sunday night and this morning because - try as I mighrt - I could not find the key to my bike lock - as I had left it near my workplace on Friday I was very worried that perhaps I had left the key in the bike lock - so soembosy could have easily nicked it.

Imagine my relief when I found my bike was quite secure - I had left the key in my desk and not in the lock itself.

Silly me .

You see -sometimes things aint quite so bad as you think
    Bike locks are a false economy. You should use a Shoestring. It's the same method the banks use to secure investments (i.e. everything done on a shoestring economics). Your bike would have been as safe as houses.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      However, the Independent is doomy as well today, estimating that it will cost every man, woman and child in the UK an average of £40,000 to clear our national and banking debts.
      Fear not - when inflation goes over 10% again, that £40,000 will soon feel like £400.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        What was the figure before Labour got in?
        I haven't got a clue, but I'll guarantee it was a hell of a lot lower. For a start, in those days banks were solvent. Anyway, that's not the point. The Independent are a bit leftie and they are joining in the doomy stuff as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          However, the Independent is doomy as well today, estimating that it will cost every man, woman and child in the UK an average of £40,000 to clear our national and banking debts.
          When has the independent not been gloomy?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            When has the independent not been gloomy?
            Indeed. When launched the Indy saw itself as a Times competitor. When it realised it couldn't compete it switched leftward to compete with the Guardian. Couldn't compete there either. Now its a curious hybrid, occupying no particular space and with no coherent viewpoint. My guess: it's struggling to survive and its sole editorial policy is to print whatever sells.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Indeed. When launched the Indy saw itself as a Times competitor. When it realised it couldn't compete it switched leftward to compete with the Guardian. Couldn't compete there either. Now its a curious hybrid, occupying no particular space and with no coherent viewpoint. My guess: it's struggling to survive and its sole editorial policy is to print whatever sells.
              Sounds about right. It is a big pile of balls.
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ah the usual Telegraph doom and gloom. I suggest not reading newspapers as I remember this "end of the world" crap from the last recession.
                The Telegraph was, not surprisingly, much more positive then, as it was a Tory givernment. The doom then came from the leftie papers.
                Now things are reversed - what a surprise.
                Can you hand the sasguru account back to the sensible one please?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Can you hand the sasguru account back to the sensible one please?
                  That is : the one who started this thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...er-doomed.html

Comment

Ah the usual Telegraph doom and gloom. I suggest not reading newspapers as I remember this "end of the world" crap from the last recession.
                    The Telegraph was, not surprisingly, much more positive then, as it was a Tory givernment. The doom then came from the leftie papers.
                    Now things are reversed - what a surprise.
                    Can you explain this then please? http://forums.contractoruk.com/791002-post1.html

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Can you explain this then please? http://forums.contractoruk.com/791002-post1.html

yes : the f**kwitted one of the three sasgurus has the account. I hope it gets handed back soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X