• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Estate agents %

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    2. Your property won't be on PrimeLocation or RightMove, which is like not being in Google.
    SKA

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      3/ Easy, HIPS are available cheaper online anyway
      Agreed about the HIPs. I used https://www.nethouseprices.com/

It cost about £200, took a couple of weeks, during which time you could monitor progress, and there was no hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

I sold my house on such a site for more money than the agent told me I could get. i was getting many more enquiries than the agant ever got me. You just picked the wrong site.
        Maybe. I hope you are correct. I hate estate agents (but not as much as recruitment agents).

Comment

I negotiated a scale from 1% to 2.5%.

Thought there was no chance he would get to the figure to get 2.5%, the git burst through it massively. I suppose he earned it.

Changed times though.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I negotiated a scale from 1% to 2.5%.

Thought there was no chance he would get to the figure to get 2.5%, the git burst through it massively. I suppose he earned it.

Changed times though.
            That's fair enough if he could add value and you agreed to the contract, if he blagged a better price from the purchaser you both came out ahead on the deal. At least you sold at the right time.

Comment

Working...
            X