• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain to become the biggest country in Europe by 2050

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll forgive you northeners and Scots as it's well known that you are not the sharpest tools in the box (witness how a Scot has brought this country low by claiming to have "abolished boom and bust"

You didnt buy that - did you ?

Mr Brown is a well known Jacobite agent whom having sucesfully destroyed the City of London, in a way that Bin Laden could only dream about - will now return to his rightful place in the SNP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Polygamy is going strong in the UK among muslims and benefits are available to all of a man's wives. The authorities just turn a blind-eye as they seem to do with everything non-English/Christian related. Jack Straw incidentally lives in a marginal seat where there are many polygamists, so do you really wonder.

BUT my point is that there should be no benefit for wives and kids....Full stop...Now its up to people whether they have 1 or x number of marriages, none or x number of kids.....waeva.....

Comment

My guess is as conditions deteriorate, net migration out of the country will soar. We will become the national equivalent of Liverpool, which I believe lost half of its population over the last 60 years.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          My guess is as conditions deteriorate, net migration out of the country will soar.
          Only the rich, highly-educated, or senior multi-national company employees will have the option to work abroad, while keeping their original standard of living.
          And that's not many people as a proportion of the population.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Only the rich, highly-educated, or senior multi-national company employees will have the option to work abroad, while keeping their original standard of living.
            And that's not many people as a proportion of the population.
            So all the migrants over the years coming here (Caribeans, Poles, Indians etc) were rich? No, there'll be a diaspora of the Brits, similar to that of the Irish, as everyone scrambles abroad in search of work. See first series of Auf Wiedersehen Pet.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              My guess is as conditions deteriorate, net migration out of the country will soar. We will become the national equivalent of Liverpool, which I believe lost half of its population over the last 60 years.

The trouble is where are all these people going to go if this is a global depression? And if there is no work abroad then no other country will pay them benefits.
              And on the immigration side if you are a hungry illegal immigrant in total poverty from a drought stricken or war-torn country then Britain will still be massively appealing as the land of milk and honey. It won't matter if unemployment is 4 million. If you have nothing to lose then you will do anything to get here, at least while we retain the weakest, stupidest, most pathetic government in Europe that takes 30 years to deport 500 people.

On the plus side if climate change isn't made up then the south of England could have the best climate and some of the most expensive real estate in the world as southern Europe turns to desert. It may be a bit early to migrate yet.

P.S. Is this biggest country in Europe by 2050 based on there being a Labour government until then?

Comment

Are we reclaiming land or something? It's about time.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X