• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS Dentist - small filling costs hundreds of pounds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia

Another good reason to have a russian wife, book a flight to Moscow, spend a week or so with in laws and get all your dental needs sorted for a tenth of the price here, et voila)
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
      Another good reason to have a russian wife, book a flight to Moscow, spend a week or so with in laws and get all your dental needs sorted for a tenth of the price here, et voila)
      Well said.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

She cooks, she fooks, she does the washing up and her family fix your teeth.

Russian Girlfriend from Ronco. Discount if bought with IT nerd boyfriend. Postage and Packing not included.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          She cooks, she fooks, she does the washing up and her family fix your teeth.

Russian Girlfriend from Ronco. Discount if bought with IT nerd boyfriend. Postage and Packing not included.
          Oh well, here is your chance to lose your virginity.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Dentists (and for that matter Doctors)

Well my wife being Thai I've had experience there as well and to be honest it put the NHS to shame.

The nearest dentist to me in London was filthy with paint peeling of the walls. They wanted #35 for a hygenist when I tried to book and their was a 7 day waiting list, the next wanted also a wait for 7 days but required me to register, get a checkup and then pay for the hygenist. Total cost 75.00 pounds.

I went to my wife's dentist in Thailand. IT was clean and I was seen in about 5 minutes. Total cost was about 300 baht (exchange rate about 75 bahts to the pound).

The Doctor was equally efficient. It was the water festival when I went and got food poisoning from all the dirty (frozen) water being chucked around. Two prescriptions, seen in 10 minutes, in the evening. That one cost 500 baht.

Both times they were efficient, friendly and took time.

Comment

Bloody dentists!!

One of my wisdom teeth cracked and so my dentist said to have it removed. In with the local. 5 minutes later he starts yanking on it - foot on the chest.

Nothing. He gives it a heavfty tug and snaps the exposed part of the tooth off.

Don't worry he said, in a soft lilting Irish accent, it will be allright then he sent me home.

Once the local had worn off, absolute agony. Anyone tried getting an out-of-hours dental appointment?

I have to go to A&E for some mega pain relief.

Next day, still painful. Finally managed to get an emergency appointment. The Dentists takes an x-ray and voila. Instead of the roots of the tooth being straight, one side had curled inwards into the bone.

I surprised he hadn't dislocated my jaw when he tried to remove it.

I was then put on a waiting list for the local hospitals orhodontic surgeon.

About a month later, and being hooked on the pain killers, I was admitted and the tooth removed under a general anaesthetic.
              Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

How long ago was it when Blair promised that within 2 years we would all have access to a NHS dentist. Recently he admitted the was nothing he could do to force dentists back into the NHS. Another promise which he managed to evade and which the opposition made absolutely nothing from. Free at the point of service to all!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Well he could .... just impose an unjustified punitive tax on all dentists that work outside the NHS.... or of course increase immigration quotas for people with a pair of pliers and a bottle of bourbon....
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

You mean something along the lines of......would the treatment you have just given normally be given by a NHS dentist. If the aswer is yes then you are a deemed employee of the NHS and as such have to pay us a huge wadge of cash for absolutely no benefit whatsoever. I think that sounds pretty fair!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Exactly.

There is a deemed 'relationship' between the dentist and the patient as they have been inside your mouth. At least that's what an ex lady-friend told me, but then again Clinton found a work around....
                      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                      X