• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rejected for role on environmental grounds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offer to move to within 49km and ask if they have a suitable reinforced section of their carpark to allow you to do vertical takeoffs and landing in your Harrier. Those babies use quite a lot of water (and metric fvcktons of avgas) in vertical mode, they leave lovely scorch marks too.

I wonder how their environmental policies would cope with the noise too

It's the silliest reason for a rejection that I've ever heard.

Comment

Name and shame.

I bet the assorted folks on this board can find enough non-green holes in the company to accuse them of double-standards...
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

and this is yet another reason not to be a permie!

I can just picture the company-wide email that requested vounteers for a cross departmental environmental issue council, all the meeting where they sit round a table and waffle on about what to include in the document they will have prepared in 3 months time.

etc etc...

Comment

Working...
        X