• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eastern European women in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eatern European Woman

I am really getting sick of all the $$$ and passprot cr@p with E European woman.

WTF is footballers wives, deparate housewives. Its glorification of the exact trait you profess to link exclusively to East European woman. Like voron says its human nature not just a characterisitc of Eastern Earopean woman.

Yes, as with any nation, there are the gold digging money grabbing sort, and socio-economic issues would play a factor in the behavior of any woman, not just Eastern Europeans.

Sandy, your friends gf is a lazy bint and needs a reality check, not becuase she is East European but because she is a lazy cow and your mate tolerates this kind of behaviour, which is his fault not hers. The fault is with the relationship , not with E European woman.

I will give that there seem to be more defined masculine and feminine roles in a relationship, but this seems to be a reflection of a more male dominated society. Girls to tend to be more "traditional" in the outlook and views on relationships. This however is my observations based on limited travel and I would not like to unilaterally apply it to a region of 250 million people.

In my personal experience, I am quite happy not to have to put up with the neurotic , Cosmo poisened western woman, who want it all from a relationship and gives f2ckall back, and is so besotted by her relationship role models that she feel that somethig is wrong in her relationship, becuase she is not 100% happy or fulfilled all the time. Again a limited observation.

In my experience once again, I had more issues in my relationship becuase of MY predjudice's towards Eastern European woman, rather than any stereotypes on her part.

I think there are quite a few people on this board who have Eastern European wives or girlfriends including myself, some unions will work some wont, thats life.

I enjoy and cherish the difference in attitude towards life and relationships. Its refreshing, but it doesnt really make a big difference, its the person that counts.
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
      Sandy, your friends gf is a lazy bint and needs a reality check, not becuase she is East European but because she is a lazy cow and your mate tolerates this kind of behaviour, which is his fault not hers. The fault is with the relationship , not with E European woman.
      ....errr....Sandy was actually talking about me But what Sandy said is not true and was based on a private conversation.

I think there are quite a few people on this board who have Eastern European wives or girlfriends including myself, some unions will work some wont, thats life.
      Absolutely correct.

Comment

Eeek...

Sorry voron not intending to offend, although I probably have to the nth degree and therefore I apologise.

By the sounds of things it was badly worded, incorrect and used as justification for a stereotype which is what I took offence to.

I have had the same issues with theis cr@p legislation. The lady cannot work except for sh!tty work, for unscrupulous b£rstards, not because she does not want to work.

Luckily my other half had managed to secure decent employment now which is more in line with her education and qualifications but it took 6 months and a fair deal of trust and help from me.
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Sorry voron not intending to offend, although I probably have to the nth degree and therefore I apologise.
          No problem, sunnysan Given Sandy's (incorrect) description, I would have reached exactly the same conclusion.

The problem is that under immigration regulations, my wife wasn't allowed to work for six months, which she found incredibly frustrating. She wasn't even allowed to do voluntary or charity work! Then of course there is the problem of snobbery; Russian qualifications are not recognised. Having worked in four different countries (including Switzerland) for major Western blue chip companies of course means nothing becuase she lacked the magical UK experience.

Anyway, after taking a huge step backwards, things are now improving.

Comment

Originally posted by voron
            ....errr....Sandy was actually talking about me But what Sandy said is not true and was based on a private conversation.

Absolutely correct.
            <STEREOTYPE>

Russian women are better I think. I always use this as a joke: "if you were russian, you would have done anything (and plus serve a glass of vodka every evening)".

Most of eastern european males are not particularly famous for treating women well. As a matter of fact, why should they do that? There's plenty of them (russian and eastern europe has a predominant ratio of females to males). European men, on average, treat them much better as there is shortage of women and that's why they are easily flattered. "Oh, you are the first guy who didn't beat me up on the first date! I am such a lucky girl!"

</STEREOTYPE>
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Luckily my other half had managed to secure decent employment now which is more in line with her education and qualifications but it took 6 months and a fair deal of trust and help from me.
              I rest my case ... and you really think she wants to be your gf because she liked you, not because you could do or the leg work for her to get a decent job??

.... all I know that up to now I haven't seen any EE/WE marriage /relationship that has lasted!! Yes I know a lot of very nice EE women, but they are married to other EE men!!!

Tell me, guys do your GF/Wives intending to or already have kids with you?? you know , serious about having kids and family, if they do I suppose they must be serious about the relationship and the success rate is as good as any other marriage...

Anyway hope not to offend you guys, but most of the guys I know who are going out with EE girls are actually very dull, and not good looking, e.g they have failed to get a European g/f so the are an easy prey for the EE women who make them feel sooooo manly because they let work like a slave, help them getting a job, a passport, all they have to do is smile sweetly, flutter their eye lashes … then laugh all the way to the bank with their new partner (old long term partner really but you idiots never knew about him) ...

Comment

Sandy, I am the first to admit that I have a face like a pig's @rse, which probably explains why farmers frequently try to chat me up, but the fact that I am married to a Russian is no accident and not the result of some desperate attempt to find anyone who would agree.

The fact that I am married to a Russian is the result of a life long love affair with Eastern Europe and Russia in particular. And if my wife married me for my money then she surely made a huge mistake as I don't have any!!! I met my wife when I was a penniless arts student

Ever heard of Anna Nicole Smith???

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                  .... all I know that up to now I haven't seen any EE/WE marriage /relationship that has lasted!!
                  Generally, I agree with the sterotypes in my experience. I've known quite a few guys who have a string of poor relationships that have later met EEs. However, these relationships often fail once the girl finds a job or the guy is simply unbearable to be with. There are the gold diggers out there but there's also a bunch of people out there with low self esteem.

There are exceptions to the rule as usual. I'm happily married to an Eastern European I've been with for 11 years. She did not claim benefits and went through all the proper channels which I can tell you was extremely difficult - a beaurocratic nightmare. We often joked it would be easier if she claimed asylum.

Recruitment agencies were absolute bigots - she has a degree in business and economics (the hungarian education system being far superior to our laughable efforts) and was partly CIMA qualified and because she stated she was hungarian, she never receive a single phonecall.

As soon as we removed the word "hungarian" from the CV she started to received calls. She now works in a blue chip as a financial executive and doing better than I ever did when I started work.

Also, she didn't marry me for my money - I never had any when we met - I was on the verge of bankruptcy. I think she married me because she had a sense of humour...
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Voron: you are me and I claim my £5.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                      Voron: you are me and I claim my £5.
                      Freaky, I was about to say exactly the same thing. Our wives' stories are virtually identical...economics degree, part qualified accountant, working in finance...

You're not scratching your left gonad are you???

Comment

Working...
                      X