• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World's 50 safest banks 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbish Svaal-Bank is the worlds safest bank.
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      CHF 30'000, I understood.

Most of my money doesn't spend much time there anyway. It goes into the cantonal bank. Which is somewhat safer.
      Do you have a link. I would not mind being proven wrong,
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        Do you have a link. I would not mind being proven wrong,
        CHF 30,000, due to rise to CHF 100,000

But it's not clear from that article when it actually comes into force,

BERNE, Nov 5 (Reuters) - The Swiss government said on Wednesday it was raising its bank deposit guarantee to 100,000 Swiss francs ($85,400) from 30,000 francs as part of a package to shore up the country's crucial financial industry.

The increase in the Swiss deposit guarantee comes after the European Union agreed last month to raise the minimum guarantee in the bloc to 50,000 euros ($68,300), with the European Commission proposing a further rise to 100,000 euros by the end of 2009.

The government is lifting the total amount it is ready to guarantee to protect investors to 6 billion francs from 4 billion. The measures will come into force as soon as necessary laws are changed and will be valid until Dec. 31, 2010.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I'm with BBVA in Spain 13th safest or so, I wasn't happy going with Banco Santander as it has exposure to Britain in the form of "The Abbey".

Note not a single British bank on the list, will British banking ever recover its reputation. Answer : No !!!!

Comment

I've got all my money stashed in my Den

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
              I've got all my money stashed in my Den

I had. I burgled you last night.

HTH

Comment

You dirty robbing scoundrel, I ate your chickens with a nice chiante

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  CHF 30,000, due to rise to CHF 100,000

But it's not clear from that article when it actually comes into force,
                  Thanks.

I had read somewhere else - possibly wikipedia - that in CH there was no concept of Government Guarantee.

I feel slightly safer now.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                    Note not a single British bank on the list, will British banking ever recover its reputation. Answer : No !!!!
                    err...

Did you even read the list?

HSBC - 19
                    Nationwide - 42 and
                    Barclays - 45

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                    I'm surprised Nationwide Building Society got in there as a bank. :P.
                    Even there was a clue for you.

Tip: Great Britain + NI = United Kingdom

Comment

Working...
                    X