• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Money supply & gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The theory is, the Govt (Brown and Co) only buy good quality assets with the money, and later sell them on at a profit.

The danger is the Govt (Brown and Co) buy toxic worthless assets that the banks can't sell quick enough. This leaves the tax-payer up sheet creek. As usual.

You decide which scenario is going to play out.

Comment

Is it ?

I thought the theory was that the BOE buys private corporate bonds (i.e. Banks bonds) so that they have funds to then lend to customers and thereby have an overall effect of getting the credit market going again. Is that not the case ?

...or is the BOE only going to buy Government bonds in the hope that the Government will then spend its cash wisely ?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        £ is gonna sink big time today
        I've been watching it and I don't see big falls ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          I've been watching it and I don't see big falls ... ?
          Funny that isn't it? No doubt our Walter Mitty friend will be back telling everyone how he knew it all along and made a killing. Again.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            Funny that isn't it? No doubt our Walter Mitty friend will be back telling everyone how he knew it all along and made a killing. Again.
            200 pips is a decent fall. I certainly made my day's money by midday today.

Highly likely we will continue downwards, if not tomorrow, then next week.
            Markets dont go in straight lines you know
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

The pound strengthened against the Euro yesterday and pretty much stayed the same against the Dollar. Santa, you know not of what you talk. You don't do a bad job at Christmas though. I guess everyone has to br right at least once a year!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
                The pound strengthened against the Euro yesterday and pretty much stayed the same against the Dollar. Santa, you know not of what you talk. You don't do a bad job at Christmas though. I guess everyone has to br right at least once a year!
                More a case of the Euro weakening than the pound getting stronger.
                Bored.

Comment

Working...
                X