• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

chair training - I sheet you not

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thelace View Post
    ....The guys injury wasn't work related, but he couldn't sit down for any length of time.
    Mind working overtime here. I wonder what could have happened to his posterior region that would stop him sitti...

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't go there
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
      <H&S MODE>I've performed chair training before.

[snip explanation]

</H&S MODE>
      Thank you.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        If you work at a certain MoD site you can put a help desk ticket in to have your desk raised or lowered to suit your posture, there was one guy whose back was so bad he didn’t want to sit at all, his desk was 4ft high.
        That sounds an excellent idea to me. There was one contract where the desks were too low and it was most uncomfortable.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I hope they cover how to fall off a chair too. It's actually quite simple once you get the technique right.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            If you work at a certain MoD site you can put a help desk ticket in to have your desk raised or lowered to suit your posture, there was one guy whose back was so bad he didn’t want to sit at all, his desk was 4ft high.
            A lot of places I've worked in at Germany, the people have those big balls to sit on or weird orthopedic style chairs. The last gig a lot of people worked standing up most of the time with desks that went up and down at the touch of a button. Naturally as contractors we never got such treatment in fact most of the places I've worked at I've had to make do with what I've been given. At Porsche I worked in a cellar by myself full of crap with an old wheelie chair, battered up desk and an old green screen. Mind you. I spent most of the time with my feet up reading a book or browsing through the crap in the cellar (found quite a few interesting photos and mock-ups of the cars they were planning on making.)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

At the current gig I recently had an email request to do some kind of "online" H&S training thing... apparently they wanted all contractors to do it..

Needless to say I've ignored the request - if asked I'll just tell them to contact the H&S officer at my co who will politely but firmly tell them it's not required

That sort of thing is for permies....
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
              X