• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ftse taken out Oct 2008 low

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=^FTSE : you can download

low today 3559.44

12th March 2003 it touched 3277.5.

After that next lowest is December 1995.....
    Thanks Brillo!
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I must admit I've been buying some boring shares this week. A 5% yield looks rather attractive compared with 1% in the bank.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Made my money for the day. I think I'll reward myself with the afternoon off

PMJunkie and Saguru, enjoy the rest of your day in the office

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          I must admit I've been buying some boring shares this week. A 5% yield looks rather attractive compared with 1% in the bank.
          What is this company boring of which you speak? Do they do drilling?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

If you were not joking then you would be making the wrong move! Statistically speaking you should work as long as possible on good days and as little as possible on bad days.

Its a mistake taxi drivers frequently make.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Trouble is when they go down 20% and you need 4 years of dividends to get back to 1% down.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                If you were not joking then you would be making the wrong move! Statistically speaking you should work as long as possible on good days and as little as possible on bad days.

Its a mistake taxi drivers frequently make.
                Well, I tend to trade lighter when I have made my days profit.
                But I also trade lighter if I have a loss that day.

Good days can end in disaster if you get trigger happy.

Comment

you'll lose it all tomorrow.

ps i like my office. it has a nice view while i surf.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    Trouble is when they go down 20% and you need 4 years of dividends to get back to 1% down.
                    True, but these shares haven't lost 20% from current value ever. Would be a real sheet storm if they did
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Well, I tend to trade lighter when I have made my days profit.
                      But I also trade lighter if I have a loss that day.

Good days can end in disaster if you get trigger happy.
                      how do you trade in real time? if you go through barclays et al then I thought you dont get real time prices
                      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X