• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryanair considers charging passengers to use lavatories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    It is easy for well-paid people to decide that they would rather pay more for a better service (and I for one would not put myself on a budget airline again), but there is still a large section of the population for whom price is the only consideration.
    that is the crux of it - the larger selection are obv the majority and from who they get the sales from - I personally havent had a bad experience YET but ive only used EasyJet twice in my life - and all times have been trouble free.

Comment

I wonder if you pay a fee at the time of making a booking you can guarantee use of the toilet at a time of your choosing. The last time I flew steerage (many, many years ago) there was a long queue to have a slash. The time people spent in the queue was comparable with the duration of some short –haul flights. Maybe there is an opportunity to sell in the secondary market those options on use of the loo?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

There are excellent airlines, good airlines, budget airlines and then there is Ryanair. I personally do not like Ryanair or O'Leary one bit and would never fly with them.

Comment

Pi(key) in the sky suggestion.

I think they should combine this with their onboard scratchcards, sales of which would hit the roof if they made them toilet related. Perhaps they should call them Scratch n' P.ss.

Less than three in a row - sorry, you've got to cross your legs or chip in another pound for the next scratchcard.

A trio of urinals - good luck to yis sir, whizz away. Match three stools to be able to coil one, three sets of cherries, sorry to hear about the Johnny Giles.

Then charge the feckers for Andrex, or they can use the scratchcard for nothing.

Comment

You couldn't make it up!

Ryanair really do deserve to lose all their customers.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

good grief! whatever next?

"Sorry sir you must return to your seat the captain has switched on the seatbelt sign!" - "Nope i've paid my £1 now I'm entitled to spend my penny"

"Does anyone have change for £10?"

"Can I pay by American Express?"

"I've connected from a long flight from Beijing and my agent booked me on this flight to Dublin - this flight is worse than a domestic chinese flight!"

and....

"The crew will shortly be walking down the aisle offering priority disembarking cards - these are remarkably good value at £10 each. Any passengers not needing one of these should remain seated until the priority passengers have disembarked"

"The crew will shortly be walking down the aisel offering hold baggage pick up cards - you will need one of these to collect your bags at the baggage belt. They are remarkably good value at £7.50 per bag. Any passengers not needing one of these are invited to pick up their bags at the bottom of the aircraft and can lug them through the terminal at their leisure".

At this rate you would have to be paid to buy the ticket in the first place
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                "The crew will shortly be walking down the aisle offering priority disembarking cards - these are remarkably good value at £10 each. Any passengers not needing one of these should remain seated until the priority passengers have disembarked"
                An excellent idea! You should send that into Ryanair.....

Comment

There was a programme on the box about EasyCruise the other night. Have a look at their web site, the Spartan cabins, the lack of food and drink. It's worse than a floating prison.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Why don't people go before they embark?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      Why don't people go before they embark?
                      If only life were so simple.

Yesterday Her Ladyship & her friend were saying this is a sexist policy since there are times in the month when a needs to use the toilet. Also, those who have had children cannot necessarily wait until the 'plane has landed. Therefore, it discriminates against women.

When they had quite finished I said "May I say one word? 'Prostate'."

Going before you embark might be good enough for you, TimberWolf. But there are many, many others for whom that is not enough. You'll find out. In time.

(Then there's those of us who have a skinfull in the bar before departure...)
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X