• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions and Bradbury & Co

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know of someone who has £30k-£50k of his cash that Sunday Solutions were supposed to pay on his behalf to the rev and still havent paid it, they are getting the same stories as you.
    Last edited by Bumfluff; 27 February 2009, 22:20.

Comment

Originally posted by uk5am View Post
      Sunday Solutions setup a ltd company by the name of Willow Meade Ltd. I was supposed to be a partner of that one. I filled up the partnership page in the self-assessment tax return. Bradbury and co (so called accountants) held back over £400 for me to pay as tax. I have completed the tax form and paid the tax as well directly. Now they are not giving me the money they held back for me to pay the tax. They are worse than HBOS and RBS together!
      I think you are slightly confused about your situation. Why would you fill in the partnership page of your self-assessment tax return if you are working via a Ltd company?

Just reading your post (and the other recent post about Sunday Solutions), a quick google search shows Willow Meade as an invoicing and admin company and Bradbury and Co as accountants. (Right?)

I'm wondering if Sunday Solutions have set you up as a 'partnership' with a group of other contractors?????

If this was the case, I'm thinking they would use a number of other companies to sort out the invoicing, end of year returns, general admin and legal bits.

If this is the case, (and I'm not sure it is), then Lisacontractorumbrella is right. They are the ones that will get the penalties.

And if this is the case, (just throwing a curve ball out there), it would also mean you are not working through a Ltd Co or an umbrella. I would be interested to hear them explain this!

Do you get legal cover as well? If so, who administers this?

Comment

Right the way I understand it working is that when sign up to Sunday Solutions you are setup as an LLP with other contractors. You are then actually self employed working under the partnership. Each partnership has it own bank account which Sunday does not have access to, which should shield you if they went bust. The money is collected in this account and any tax liability is held there until submission.

I think the reason why only some people are experiencing problems is because only a couple of partnerships had issues.

My partnership used was Reed Morgan as the invoicing company and Bradbury and co as the accountants.

I think I will be ok however I have just done the right thing and gone Ltd.

Dan

Comment

Sunday Woes - next steps

Hello,

If you are currently owed Tax money by Sunday Solutions I would like to get in touch with you asap. My intentions are:

- To get an idea of the number of people affected.
          - To compare stories and try to put a cohesive picture together of what is going on.
          - To discuss next steps (legal action).

If you want to participate, please send me an email to [email protected]. If you are not directly affected but have colleagues who are, please give them this email and tell them to get in touch with me.

I'll attempt to 'vet' people by asking a simple question about their job. This is to prevent a poser from Sunday Solutions joining into our conversation. I hope you are not offended by this and understand the precaution.

Regards,

Titanic

ps. If you have a positive anecdote about Sunday Solutions I would also like to hear from you. I'm keen to hear from anyone who has actually been paid their tax provision by Sunday Solutions for the 07-08 tax year.

Comment

Originally posted by Titanic View Post
            Hello,

If you are currently owed Tax money by Sunday Solutions I would like to get in touch with you asap. My intentions are:

- To get an idea of the number of people affected.
            - To compare stories and try to put a cohesive picture together of what is going on.
            - To discuss next steps (legal action).

If you want to participate, please send me an email to [email protected]. If you are not directly affected but have colleagues who are, please give them this email and tell them to get in touch with me.

I'll attempt to 'vet' people by asking a simple question about their job. This is to prevent a poser from Sunday Solutions joining into our conversation. I hope you are not offended by this and understand the precaution.

Regards,

Titanic

ps. If you have a positive anecdote about Sunday Solutions I would also like to hear from you. I'm keen to hear from anyone who has actually been paid their tax provision by Sunday Solutions for the 07-08 tax year.
            I was with Sunday for 2 years. You only get paid your tax provision when you leave the partnership. I had mine refunded within 6 weeks of leaving. Otherwise they actually pay your tax fomr hte retained funds, not you.

The only trouble is that in my case they never retained the correct funds...ever.

Comment

Just googled and seen this thread, but the email address [email protected] just bounces back.??

Comment

Working...
              X