• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone here like the daily mail?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic slightly, but if you want a real giggle I heartily recommend Fox News. I don't think it is possible to watch that for more than 15 minutes without laughing...
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Its about balance. If the likes of The Guardian persist in telling us all that massive immigration is a great benefit despite the government stats on welfare, health and crime, we need someone to tell the other side.

The Mail is a lot closer to the truth TBH. Check where most of the worst street crime comes from, who mostly runs the home grown cannabis trade, London's vice trade and credit card fraud. Check who are the ethnic groups claiming the most welfare and social housing, have the worst health or are disproportionately represented in prison. You won't have to visit any BNP or right wing sites to do it.

Properly controlled immigration of high earning people prepared to fit in can certainly be a benefit but what we actually have is quite something else. Time people stopped being blackmailed by accusation of racism from mentioning the downsides of a very lax system.

Well said Xoggoth (arghh, I'm agreeing with Cyberman), although some of the stories are ridiculous at times you have to counter the frankly absurd amount of government, liberal and special interest minority group propaganda that portrays everything as being rosy and covers up what's really happening.

Not that I actually buy the Mail, The Telegraph is not a bad rag.
      In terms of entertainment the best discussion threads tend to be on the Guardian website, especially when people go on there to antagonise lefties.

But The Express wins today's inflamm-a-tory headline of the day with the classic "British Muslims Are Killing Our Troops".
      http://www.express.co.uk/ourpaper/view/2009-02-26

In the Independant they would have worded it "British Troops Are Killing Muslims".

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
        In the Independant they would have worded it "British Troops Are Killing Muslims".
        I think you'll find it's 'Independent'. I don't know whether to blame modern trendy teaching methods or the trashy newspapers that people read these days.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          I think you'll find it's 'Independent'. I don't know whether to blame modern trendy teaching methods or the trashy newspapers that people read these days.
          As its CUK why not blame everybody?

Comment

Working...
          X