• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rates and PAYE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accept the contract and pay yourself in dividends regardless.

If Hector finds out then the bank (if it is a bank) will be liable to pay extra VAT. The bank wouldn't dare sue for breach of contract because they'd have to explain to the court why they were trying to pass on their tax and employment liabilities.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Ah swampy, so naïve, the courts will side with the bank, whatever they have done "wrong".

Do remember that "justice" usually goes to the one with the biggest cheque book, and banks have big cheque books.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

bollocks!! Flick em a twin and walk, got no time for that tulip!! Some of us are trying to run a business...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Do remember that "justice" usually goes to the one with the biggest cheque book, and banks have big cheque books.
          And here's the proof that banks have big cheque books...

P.S. There are people under the age of 65 in the picture so don't look at them otherwise it's

P.P.S. The one second from the right is DCJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            P.P.S. The one second from the right is DCJ.
            Actually, I think it might be me

Comment

Originally posted by voron
              Actually, I think it might be me
              Voron, where did it all go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                Voron, where did it all go wrong?
                I ask myself that every night, as I sit beside the fire, head in hands, weaping like a child.

Comment

Reminds me of an ancient joke of minor topical relevance right now.

Hotel flunkey is taking some room service up to the executive suite of the most exclusive hotel in town. It's a magnum of vintage Cristal champagne and a bucket load of finest beluga caviar. He knocks on the door and a voice shouts, "come in". In he goes and there is George Best in the jacuzzi, with two former Miss Worlds and empty champagne bottles everywhere.

The flunkey slowly shakes his head and says, "George, where did it all go wrong?"
                  Last edited by Lucifer Box; 6 October 2005, 13:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkettle
                    Rates and PAYE

I have just been offered a new contract but I am expected to pay myself PAYE with means my Retention figure is going look something like 55% to 60%, which is pretty rubbish.

Apparently this is becoming the norm and the fact I have to pay both employees and employers NI is factored into the rate. Plus I have to public liability insure, plus I don’t get any holiday or sick pay plus I don’t get job security plus I have pay fees to the umbrella company and to my account. Is it just me or is this very one-sided?

Also I read that market rates are going up but is anybody factoring the fact companies are paying more because they are stipulating you pay yourself PAYE.

And why have I read nothing about this???

Confessed.

JK
                    I wonder if agencies doing this realise that in demanding a say in how your company pays it's workers they may become de facto Shadow Directors are therefore just as liable as you as to how the company is run. They could become seriously SNAFU'ed if it goes pear shaped.

Of course you said 'pay myself PAYE' wee don't we all pay our salaries PAYE. After all it is not actually tax efficient to pay nothing under PAYE.

Comment

If you operate your own Ltd there is no way another company can dictate how you distribute your assets. The only people who can do this are IR and Customs.

Obviously you've signed a contract which you are going to break but they have no way of knowing this, since they have absolutley no right to see your internal company workings.

If you sign over this right to them then you deserve absolutley everything that you get!

Comment

Working...
                      X