• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how to explain what "printing money" means to the missus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Does anyone have a linky handy for explaining this one to the missus? Missus M is struggling a little with this concept.
    Point her to:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8ada2ad4-f...0779fd2ac.html

It explains all.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      I'm having my birthday party at the moment(my birthday isn't today, but, the party, it'll take a few days). You've just made an awful lot of people laugh. So your joke works in/across a multicultural paradigm.

It was really very good. I'll buy you a pint one day.
      You call that a party - a group of you on these forums?
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        It means we have become Zimbabwe.

HTH
        With carp waether,
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

This is a good one too:

It is as if you are a beer-maker and the Government pitches up at your warehouse in the dead of night with a truck of water and a truck-load of barrels.

It breaks in without permission, waters down your beer and takes away barrels of beer for its own use. Because it gets first dibs on the barrels, those least diluted will be taken away. You wake up and count your barrels and all seems ok.

When you come to sell your beer you find there is more in the marketplace and what you have is weaker, so the price you get is lower.

Your beer is now less valuable yet the State has beer - money - it never had.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Does anyone have a linky handy for explaining this one to the missus? Missus M is struggling a little with this concept.
            Show her the door.

If she cant understand simple things - she needs to pack the bags and go.

Just tell her to walk out the door, dont turn around as she aint welcome anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
              Show her the door.

If she cant understand simple things - she needs to pack the bags and go.

Just tell her to walk out the door, dont turn around as she aint welcome anymore.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9...eature=related
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You're at an auction with a tenner. A bloke with 20 quid outbids you.

More money is printed. Hooray! Everyone has twice as much to spend!

Now you're at an auction with 20 quid. A bloke with 40 quid outbids you.

Comment

Working...
                X