• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone buying gold?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea of buying Gold is that you don't lose money, not that you make money.

USA, UK, EU are all readying the printing presses.

The pound in your pocket isn't worth tulip.

Comment

The time to start buying gold (to hold long term) will be when confidence returns to the stock market and the price starts to fall to < $375/oz or there abouts. Obviously if you can hold it until the following crash then you'll be onto a winner.
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        The idea of buying Gold is that you don't lose money, not that you make money.
        I'd love to agree with that but these damn speculators are messing about with the gold price!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          I'd love to agree with that but these damn speculators are messing about with the gold price!
          I think Gold is due a correction back into the 800's but long term it makes sense with the printing presses churning out more £££££.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/4...nk-crisis.html
          Last edited by DimPrawn; 18 February 2009, 14:16.

Comment

Working...
          X