• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tube prices increase 50% 'to deter cash users'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lone Gunman: Well spotted.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      Funny init, red ken tells us how he is concerned about the number of laandaners who live below the poverty line, how many of them live in the cash economy working in the grey sector.

He then specifically targets them with a huge increase in their travelling costs.
      Yeah! I think he is concerned. Concerned about not raping that particular demographic.

I want to see congesting charging moving east as well as west. Fat chance though... too many red ken supporters.

Look! It's ken:

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

It all sound good to me.
        Why pay with Money (Afterall what's cash all about?)
        I think we should get back to the old "barter system"

Tried to get a ticket on the undergroud yesterday with a dead chicken.. but they hadn't got change !

Comment

I want to see congesting charging moving east as well as west.
          It started East, you geographically-challenged man! If you consider the centre of London to be what's inside the Circle Line, then only the Eastern half of that was under congestion charge, the West like Hyde Park, Paddington etc were not covered! About time this is rectified, I say
          Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Congestion charging - yes, I think that everybody should be subjected to a sniffle test before being allowed to board a train. Anyone with congestion should be charged double.

The London Underground, as sponsored by Sinex.

Comment

Not far wrong there. I've had to get off the tube more than once and walk because the stench was so over-powering I feared I might vomit, and secondly the smell would stick to my clothes and hence follow me about all day.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                It started East, you geographically-challenged man! If you consider the centre of London to be what's inside the Circle Line, then only the Eastern half of that was under congestion charge, the West like Hyde Park, Paddington etc were not covered! About time this is rectified, I say
                Looking at wrong map - sorry!!
                Last edited by hyperD; 6 October 2005, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                  Becs - you can't trust the tube map for orientation - too much time dilation and relativistic effects occurring, hence the distortion!

If you look at a map, the centre of the congestion charge is pretty much on the City of London centre, near Holborn.

The proposed new extension is westward, from Oxford Circus to West Kensington. If red ken extended the same length both east and west then it would have encroached on Tower Hamlets.

He of course may well do that in the future but I'd be surprised if he did.

More details here:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/cc-ex/maps.shtml

Before:http://www.cclondon.com/download/DetailMapCCZ.pdf

After:

Comment

and west then it would have encroached on Tower Hamlets.
                    Think he is more advoiding canary wharf than the whole tower hamelts borough, especially when you consider portions of the zone are actually already in tower hamlets

Comment

Originally posted by steve'O
                      It all sound good to me.
                      Why pay with Money (Afterall what's cash all about?)
                      I think we should get back to the old "barter system"

Tried to get a ticket on the undergroud yesterday with a dead chicken.. but they hadn't got change !
                      Well, considering the average cost of a freerange chicken is about £4-5 from Sainsbury's that wouldn't have been a good deal anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X