• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Identity Theft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Let the Police carry on but give them the information you have got. Try Crimestoppers for an anonymous tip off.
    Don't let the plod know it is you or how you obtained the information, because it sounds like you've committed at least two offences there chummy, and they know where you live.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      Don't let the plod know it is you or how you obtained the information, because it sounds like you've committed at least two offences there chummy, and they know where you live.

HTH

I aint dun nuffink wrong officer.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        I know some boys, who know some boys..... if you need to know!

You would. I bet they are not British workers !!

Comment

HTH

He's right. They would clear up two crimes immediately, bless 'em.

Comment

The sad thing, and I do hope you lot remember this come the elections, is that the government is doing a light brigade style charge to introduce id-cards.

In their efforts to make everyone feel they absolutely have to have these cards the government are removing funding from the Police to investigate identity theft.

Of course it isn't that obvious, a cut here, a reallocation of funds there, a post left unfilled for a little longer than usual. The overall effect though, I can assure you, is quite intentional...

So, if you're struck by identity theft, just look on it as your patriotic duty: you're helping to further government policy.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

The sad thing, and I do hope you lot remember this come the elections, is that the government is doing a light brigade style charge to introduce id-cards.
              I had a letter from the Home Office last week inviting me to apply for an ID card. It extolled the virtues of getting one quite clearly.

Or I think it did - if it hadn't gone straight through the shredder, I'd be able to check.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

That's certainly NOT anyone from this forum mate, because nobody who knows you, provided they are sane, would want to take your identity...

Comment

Working...
                X