• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's CyberSmug today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I signed in to post here, I realise I can't read your tulipe as you're on my ignore list. Enjoy the judgement, loser
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      From the article:

"At the time of nationalisation the government said that any subsequent valuation for compensation purposes should be based on the assumption that the Northern Rock had not been a going concern."

Any bank that needs a bailout is not a going concern IMO and the subsequent rescuer is entitled to value it as it thinks fit. If the banks don't like it, how about running themselves as proper banks and not overleveraged gambling machines. Then they wouldn't need a bailout, eh?

Face it Cyber Cretin, it's a fair judgement and you lost because you have no clue about your investments.
      Now will you stop boring us with your absolute gobtulip, you cretin?

Any company that has funding withdrawn will not be a going concern. This does not give a bank the right for instance to withdraw my mortgage and claim ALL of the equity in my house. There is a break-up value and NRK shareholders are even being denied this, but NRK is clearly not bust and has repaid 14 Billion in loans.

Comment

Now that I signed in to post here, I realise I can't read your tulipe as you're on my ignore list. Enjoy the judgement, loser

This is just the first step. He who laughs last.......

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          He who laughs last.......
          ......... didn't get the joke!!

Comment

er, whats this got to do with human rights?
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
              er, whats this got to do with human rights?

It's to do with confiscation of property (ie shares, houses or any other assets of the individual) without proper compensation. That is deemed against human rights and there are precedents that have already been set with ECOHR.

Comment

It's to do with confiscation of property (ie shares, houses or any other assets of the individual) without proper compensation. That is deemed against human rights and there are precedents that have already been set with ECOHR.
                hmmm, that's why I disagree with the ECHR, it's mostly flannel. I can see that if someone walks into your house, puts a gun to your head and then tells you to scarper, that's confiscation of property without proper compensation. But this, I'm not convinced it's a breach of human rights, maybe other laws sure, but not human rights. It's like using terrorist legislation to freeze international bank accounts in a recession...

...oh hang on!
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Oh dear
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

From the article:

"At the time of nationalisation the government said that any subsequent valuation for compensation purposes should be based on the assumption that the Northern Rock had not been a going concern."

Any bank that needs a bailout is not a going concern IMO and the subsequent rescuer is entitled to value it as it thinks fit. If the banks don't like it, how about running themselves as proper banks and not overleveraged gambling machines. Then they wouldn't need a bailout, eh?

Face it Cyber Cretin, it's a fair judgement and you lost because you have no clue about your investments.
                    Now will you stop boring us with your absolute gobtulip, you cretin?
                    Godd to see that relaxation mode you were in after your holiday has ended and you are back to normal.

Comment

CyberHypocrite you are no better than the BNP.

Once minute you are complaining about the human rights act.
                      Next minute you are trying to use it to support your own interests.
                      Originally posted by cailin maith
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Working...
                      X