• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Printing Money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    why should the fiscally responsible suffer at the hands of the fiscally irresponsible
    Because if we get stuck in a deflationary spiral it will be worse for everyone. Buy gold!
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

why should the fiscally responsible suffer at the hands of the fiscally irresponsible
      If I had to save for a house I'd get the keys on pension day, where should I live in the meantime?

Why don't you lend some of your money out and charge interest rather than expecting large financial institutions take all the risk?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

So the one-eyed idiot can be re-elected

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

HTH
          he's above his station, isn't he

Comment

HTH
            I have no problem with that characterisation

Comment

If you owe the bank twenty thousand you have a problem.

If you owe the bank twenty million they have a problem.

* adjust for inflation/deflation as necessary.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

HTH
                Erm, Scottish one-eyed idiot

Apologies to all decent Scotts out there.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                X