• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Market Picking Up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market is better than what I would expect for this time of year - remmeber this is early Feb - a lsow time for almost any Business.

That means - higher rates ahead !

Comment

Client where I started this week has 15 roles for Solutions Architect and 10 for Business Analysts.

On a side note- BA demand seems to have picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
        Client where I started this week has 15 roles for Solutions Architect and 10 for Business Analysts.

No thats a good sign, isn't it?

Comment

Empty you PM box now, get ready for the PM.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

OK who is this Robbie guy?

CUK truism # 99

Banned posters return as newbies who make 1,000s of posts in a week, before they revert to type, get abusive and are banned.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

BA demand seems to have picked up.
              Good news as they appear to have been struggling of late.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                Empty you PM box now, get ready for the PM.
                LOL - I am serious they just told me and asked me to sit in on the Interviews for the Architects.

However - there Talent division are scouring Monster and all the main sites to approach them direct - NO Agencies - thats how they got me.

Good for them - thats what I say!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Good news as they appear to have been struggling of late.
                  LOL - I had a feeling someone would say that.

Comment

Originally posted by robbie274 View Post
                    No sorry, please don't take that the wrong way, I didn't mean to offend or upset, its just that a lot of us have had a lots of calls from agents, who have all promised to put us foward for roles, but nothing ever materialises from these calls, so its hard to say when an agent is putting you forward if the job, is the job real or not, does the role exisit in the first place?

Again, sorry, I was only asking for more info on your post.

Oh that's better (Sorry - I'm a female ginge - tempra"mental" and all that).

Well I'm in a gig at the minute, so I didn't ask to be put forward for any of them.
                    But they were for 3 real companies, who did all genuinely seem to be looking - real rates and real job specs for all (and I know someone who works for one of the companies and she vouched they were genuinely looking).
                    I just think you can tell when it's a real job.
                    I haven't had agents calling me for months - and now suddenly this week, 3 seemingly real jobs.

I know it's hard being on the bench (been there plenty), but chin up, it seems to be turning a little.
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      OK who is this Robbie guy?

CUK truism # 99

Banned posters return as newbies who make 1,000s of posts in a week, before they revert to type, get abusive and are banned.
                      Newbie? I've been here since 2005, I will admit I've been a lurker for most of the time. Who am I? A benched contractor like the rest of us, trying to have a laugh in grim times.

I don't remeber being abusive.

Comment

Working...
                      X