• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Management by email….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Is he bigger than you?
    My dad always says that when you have a piece of 2 by 4 in your hand, everyone is the same size....

Comment

Whenever you receive an email from him, print it out and go & see him, saying you want him to talk through what he is asking. Never reply by email, then he will be forced to spend more time writing up what's been said.
      "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
        Whenever you receive an email from him, print it out and go & see him, saying you want him to talk through what he is asking. Never reply by email, then he will be forced to spend more time writing up what's been said.
        i like this idea.

Better still, I will wait for a week, claim not time to read the rest of his ramblings and only book out an hour allocating the rest of the day for proper work.

Even better, I am in at 7am, so, will make myself available from 7-8 am, and see how badly he still wants a chat.

The email sign-up is very tempting though - only got clientco email though, not his personal one, or I would do this for sure.

Comment

Wiiilllmmssloooww!

Every time he sends an email, give him an update on your current car troubles.
          Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
            Wiiilllmmssloooww!

or ex mafia neighbours
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Offer to make him a cup of coffee. Add a megadose of laxatives. Hey presto. Boss on the toilet all day with his trousers around his ankles wondering why the world has just fallen out of his bottom. Him away from desk. No time to write long useless emails.

But wait..does he have a Blackberry? Better still chop his fingers off one by one.

No fingers = no typing = no emails.

But what about his nose........hmmm.

Better yet. Just shoot him (or leave).

HTH
              I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                Wiiilllmmssloooww!

This is probaly the reason he deals with Wilmslow by email?

Everyone else is in on the gag and they get along just fine with him
                'elf and safety guru

Comment

We're assuming he's located with you. His office isn't a tent half-way up Ben Nevis is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    We're assuming he's located with you. His office isn't a tent half-way up Ben Nevis is it?
                    He is the other side of the drinks machine, around 20 yards away......

Every time I am past his desk he is bashing away at Outlook......

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                      Got a release manager with zero people skills and a zany look in his eyes
                      Is that relative to you?

Comment

Working...
                      X