• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If Globalistion is so great, why....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I think the only way to stop globalisation is to un-invent the ship, the train, the aeroplane, the car, the telegraph cable, the fibre-optic cable, the satellite and of course t’internet. It ain’t going to happen, so we may as well make the best of it.
    Or pass protectionist policies like the USA are doing right now.

An American job for every American worker.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Like I said in its modern sense i.e. 'No holds barred, runaway free market at any cost sense'.

I'm not saying we shouldn't trade but it's got to the point where the consumer loses more than they gain IMO.
      I am sorry but you contractors have become very rich by developing the technology, so when things get a bit carried away then you might be a litltle bit more honest and less hypocritical and apply some of the blame toyourselves.

A bit less of the sanctiminious sneering and a bit more of the "hands up it's me" (putting hands up IS something the Italians can do) attitude please
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Or pass protectionist policies like the USA are doing right now.

An American job for every American worker.
        Long-term what will be the result of those policies? What happens when China et al look elsewhere as they can get the equivalent goods USA produces cheaper?

Comment

Globalisation is great a long as there are cheap people abroad and cheap energy to allow shipping stuff around the world willy nilly.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Globalisation is great a long as there are cheap people abroad and cheap energy to allow shipping stuff around the world willy nilly.
            Its earned me a few bob - yeah its the way forward.

Comment

And even greater for those involved in developing the technology to enable Globalisation.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                And even greater for those involved in developing the technology to enable Globalisation.
                Nope, they will be outsourced and replaced by fast-tracked wheezers.

Comment

Nope, they will be outsourced and replaced by fast-tracked wheezers.
                  Agents might be outsourced or automated, but that won’t be good for us. Here in NL if you want to work at ABN Amro you have to pay 500 euros and provide 5 (!) references to an automated agent website. Suddenly human agents seem more trustworthy; yes, even dodgy ones.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Agents might be outsourced or automated, but that won’t be good for us. Here in NL if you want to work at ABN Amro you have to pay 500 euros and provide 5 (!) references to an automated agent website. Suddenly human agents seem more trustworthy; yes, even dodgy ones.
                    Meanwhile I see that some HR whizzes in Oz are turning to software to tell them who to get rid of link
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      Meanwhile I see that some HR whizzes in Oz are turning to software to tell them who to get rid of link
                      As opposed to throwing darts at an organigram, which is how they seem to do it around here.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X