• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mandelson calls protests 'xenophobic'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    What about Sweet then? The 1970s without Sweet?
    OK with me. But I have actually heard them on the radio a few times recently.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      OK with me. But I have actually heard them on the radio a few times recently.
      Oh, good point.

Who is not on the radio any more either? What about Hurricane Smith? No hold on, he wasn't a band. The Osmonds?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        It is the 1970s without Led Zep. Must be a change of govt coming soon?
        This is reminiscent of the 1970's.

Linky
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          This is reminiscent of the 1970's.

Linky
          It was recently put to me that the reason Thatcher hated the North so much was that was where unions were strong.

Funny thing about that though, the strikes which affected me in the 1970s and early '80s were all in either nationalised industries or the public sector (ambulances, buses, council workers, coal and steel come to mind, plus a few government departments). Ford, Vauxhall and the newspapers are the only examples of private industry on strike that I can remember, and they didn't cause me any grief that I recall.

Something doesn't add up.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X