• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ripples in the Space-Time Continuum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet threaded is smugly watching all this from his Danish mansion.

He knows...

Comment

Well in fact what this all leads to is not the confirmation of Time Travel b ut rather - Einstein was wrong - the Maths for Trme Travel was not known until 2018.

Comment

Hmmm

If the fact we are limited to travel at the speed of light or less is dictated by the e=mcsquared

and Neurtinos are massless particles

does that not mean that the whole e=mcsquared postulate does not govern the movement of nuetrinos (and other massless particles?)

Or not?

Comment

does that not mean that the whole e=mcsquared postulate does not govern the movement of nuetrinos (and other massless particles?)

Aye - that should send your reality construct into a bit ot a meltdown ...

In Other Words - Einstein to go go -

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 18 November 2011, 13:16.

Comment

... back on thread ...where were we - Oh Yes - Black Holes.

Have you seen the whoppers of Black Holes they have recently confirmed -

Astronomers have located the two biggest black holes ever found, each one billions of times more massive than our sun. Observations of these supermassive cosmic objects will give scientists clues on how black holes and galaxies formed and evolved, especially in the earliest stages of the universe's existence.

Jings supermassive black holes billions of times more massive than the Sun - makes you think - eh ?

Where will it all End ?

Oh - in case you think Im making it up - heres the link right here Supermassive black holes are largest ever discovered | Science | guardian.co.uk

Comment

Why black 'holes'? A hole gives the impression they allow passive from one void to the next when the truth is probably anything but.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Why black 'holes'? A hole gives the impression they allow passive from one void to the next when the truth is probably anything but.
                Aye ScooterScot

Indeed.

And why - for that matter 'White Holes ?''

..if you dont know what a White Hole is (and I mean in the cosmological context - find out !)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I think the point to his post is that there really isn't any point to anything, so no, thre's no point to his post and no point to your question and no point to my answer. It's all pointless.

unless it's billable
                  You know Mitch it took me a wee while to realise - you do have a point there

But if thats the case ipso facto it cannot be -as you maintain - pointless.

Yet nevertheless it is still True to say and make a point of saying - it is all pointless.

Oh - I do love a good Paradox !.
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 January 2012, 23:09.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    Aye ScooterScot

Indeed.

And why - for that matter 'White Holes ?''

..if you dont know what a White Hole is (and I mean in the cosmological context - find out !)
                    Mass bends space right? The higgs field theoretically gives stuff mass, ok. Assuming space remains intact within a black hole expand it must like an oversized water balloon. Are blacks holes really that significant or is it more significant what can become of the fabric of space itself?

Moreover why is relationship between reality and math so interwoven?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

... blacks holes really that significant or is it more significant what can become of the fabric of space itself?

A very good question which takes us back a few years on this thread to an earlier discussion - in some ways - regarding is there a significance or point to anything - Black Holes , White Holes . BB King . Matt Busby - CIA - Me and You - Us and Them - for that matter.

Ot is the point of it all that is all pointless ?

You see Classical Western Rationality demands that things must serve some kind of purpose or function - wheras Classical Chinese thought maintains some things exist - just because - and serve no point nor purpose whatsoever except their own existance - perhaps thats why Black and White Holes are there - and perhaps for You and I.

Moreover why is relationship between reality and math so interwoven?

Ah - now this question - is Music to my Ears !

Given that Music and Mathematics can also be said to be interwoven - consider - It don't mean a Thing - if it Aint got Swing ? Because that is - Reality !

OK - Duke - tell them like it is Duke !

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 22 January 2012, 01:13.

Comment

Working...
                      X