• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Generation Kill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ookook View Post
    WHS, best TV program I've ever seen, leaves everything else for dead.
    Gotta agree. It's a touhhie between the wire and the sopranos for me, though the wire is cleverer I reckon ...
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I have it recorded and am looking forward to watching it.

Wasn't it FX that also showed "Breaking Bad". Another obscure series that was well worth the time.

Like the green lizard I'm also a great fan of Deadwood.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        It was a bit...

Wasn't very impressed with that sniping rifle though.
        wasnt bad the first episode, watched it off Sky Anytime. 2nd Episode is Tuesday night isnt it?

What was wrong with the sniping rifle? thats standard issue for the yank marines...
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          wasnt bad the first episode, watched it off Sky Anytime. 2nd Episode is Tuesday night isnt it?

What was wrong with the sniping rifle? thats standard issue for the yank marines...
          You are out of sync by one episode.

We are on episode 3 which was shown last night and will be repeated a few days this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            You are out of sync by one episode.

We are on episode 3 which was shown last night and will be repeated a few days this week.
            Eh? which did i miss then? the one on anytime was repeated on Saturday night... Was the "shoot all Iraqqies if in doubt" not the first??

Damn, will have to go and download it all now

Comment

Arse, you're right. i've missed episode one

Altho looking at hte Sky planner i have it has episode premier is Tuesday nights, and thats not just for the HD channel.

Ah well, bitorrent here i come...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I wanted it to be a proper sniping rifle.

In .50 cal, not some poxy 7.62 thing.

And it looked to me as if the bore was off centre in the barrel... maybe my eyes are going funny...
                ah, with you now... fully agree!!

Comment

I highly recommend the book that spawned the TV series...best to read the book first and then watch the series, but i guess its too late for most

I read the book and watched the whole series when it aired in the States, but didn't learn until the other week that the "Fruity Rudy" character is actually played by himself. He went along as a technical advisor and ended winning his own part.

Comment

I watched a bit of this the other day. It was such a bag of wank I had to turn it off.

V unimpressed...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X