• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Know if both BT Broadband and Virgin Broadband will work in the same home together ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    Excellent 50Mb/s (theoretical!) Virgin Broadband here we come. I want to keep the BT ADSL also ( I have my reasons ).
    I could imagine that. For example, I would like to get something better than BT, but my partner, who has the BT subscription, does not want to change email addresses, or indeed her customised BT browser. I have told her that she fell for an offer designed to lock her in to BT, and she agrees; but still does not want to change.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Virgin are tulipe unless you use them for business.
      Codswallop. A Virgin cable connection is in my experience far more stable than ADSL, and you get the full advertised speed to boot. Sure their tech support line sucks hugely, but then I've only ever had to use them once

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Virgin are tulipe unless you use them for business.
        Not in my experience.

I've had Virgin Cable for 5 years and up to last week:

Phone - 100%
        Broadband - 100%
        TV - Probably 99% (a couple of gliches early on were sorted very quickly)

(last week we lost Broadband for 4 hours, but there was a recorded message on their phone to tell us)

I think they do a great job, prior to getting cable we had BT broadband (variable service) and Sky (can't watch when it snows), wouldn't want to go back.

Comment

Working...
        X