• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thick Northerners dragging down the South

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    and inner city London
    Indeed.

Comment

It also assumes everyone who works in the south is from the south I don'tknow why I get dragged into this, it's almost always someone from the south who starts this one off. I don't understand the chip these people have
      South East
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        South East
        Yes usually, or in this case the South West. I must admit most people I have met from the South West are decent people.

How boring is this stupid geographical chip in such a tiny largely homogenous country? No wonder half the world think we are odd.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
          People from the South tend to live in a bubble thinking the rest of the UK is crap. The document written on the BBC website was probably written by a southerner from the said area trying to justify to themselves why they will still be in a job this time next week.

The south being the south east, south or south west? Being from the south west I have never known wages to be so low or the cost of living so high! The economy being mainly based on the tourism season, and people buying 2nd homes makes it kinda crap for locals, frankly my friend you talking utter cr@p and as someone said before seriously **** off!
          Last edited by DogTown; 25 January 2009, 23:04. Reason: Banned, far enuff

Comment

Originally posted by DogTown View Post
            The south being the south east, south or south west? Being from the south west I have never known wages to be so low or the cost of living so high! The economy being mainly based on the tourism season, and people buying 2nd homes makes it kinda crap for locals, frankly my friend you talking utter cr@p and as someone said before seriously **** off!

Sorry, but in the context of the topic title 'Thick Northerners dragging down the South', I take exception to that. Like already said, it's the good old North vs South debate, and it's always started by a southerner as already stated. You would think they lived in their own country within a country or something...

Just for the record, people from the north generally don't give a sh*t about people from the south, or the south in general. Yet people from the south have a big issue with everywhere else outside their 50 mile radius of habitat. I know this first hand because I have family from the south, and every time I meet them it's the same sh*tty old jokes like the weather, how much you earn, blah blah blah, etc.. I even know southerners who classify places they don't want to be associated with such as Birmingham, even London, as "the north"....????????
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Dim is a brilliant troll you have to admit!
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

How boring is this stupid geographical chip in such a tiny largely homogenous country? No wonder half the world think we are odd.
                I don't think they do, many countries are the same.

Take the four largest economies in the mainland EU. In the Italian and French cases, it's the rich north versus the poor south. In Italy it is particularly venomous. The Germans are similar to us, where the southerners are supposed to be more prosperous, and the Catalans in the north east have a giant chip on their shoulder in Spain.

The USA seems to have two prosperous areas, who both take the p1ss out of the rednecks in the middle.

Comment

Putting my troll-pence worth in. I wouldn't want to be a southerner. They're all depressed all the time. I once watched EastEnders so this fact is undeniable.
                  Last edited by lightng; 25 January 2009, 23:28.

Comment

Dim is a brilliant troll you have to admit!
                    At least baggy can see it for a bit of tongue-in-cheek trolling posted after a glass or two of wine!

If it weren't for Northern and Welsh girls, I'd still be a virgin.

Comment

CUK repetitive circular argument no 3 - The North South divide zzzzz

Tomorrow - Repetitive circular argument no 2 Imigrants and crime levels

Instead: I'd rather talk about my lovely dinner, I had a Thai green curry, mmm lovely
                      I had a haddock chowder with a couple of poached eggs : it was f**king delicious.

Comment

Working...
                      X