• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the difference between...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get it either.

The punchline to a what's the difference joke is that the tag would be something line "but there's no "i" in Gordon Brown."

I scanned the name "Gordon Brown" and I thought, Hmm. That's right. There is no letter "i" in it.

And then I presupposed you forgot to add "The Prime Minister" before his name, which then I deduced had 3 "i"'s in it.

So I read the joke again.

Q. What's the difference between The Prime Minister Gordon Brown and an idiot ?

A. There's two "i"'s in idiot.

With the unmentioned tagline "But there are 3 "i's" in The Prime Minister Gordon Brown, and suddenly everything made perfect sense.

Good one !
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

an idiot would not bail out the banks?
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Am I a genius then? Is that what we're saying?

Comment

Am I a genius then? Is that what we're saying?
          Yes, for riddling a pun so clever on the metaphysical level, you can have a cookie.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Yes, for riddling a pun so clever on the metaphysical level, you can have a cookie.

er , I think you miss the point here BGG.
            The i, clearly refers to the id or the ego. Dumb people often have unrealistically high opinions of themselves, hence two egos.
            Gordon Brown does not have two egos, simply one that is has the same dimensions as the horsehead nebula, the same potential to suck the will as a massive black hole and radiates more tulipe than a pulsar.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              er , I think you miss the point here BGG.
              The i, clearly refers to the id or the ego. Dumb people often have unrealistically high opinions of themselves, hence two egos.
              Gordon Brown does not have two egos, simply one that is has the same dimensions as the horsehead nebula, the same potential to suck the will as a massive black hole and radiates more tulipe than a pulsar.
              Surely, what he means is that Gordon could not possibly have two ids or egos because they would both be so repulsive they could not live with each other, like the same poles on a pair of magnets.

Whereas an idiot, which has one pole at the end and one in the middle, is quite happy in his idiocy and makes better decisions.

That's profound, and damned clever.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
                Surely, what he means is that Gordon could not possibly have two ids or egos because they would both be so repulsive they could not live with each other, like the same poles on a pair of magnets.

Whereas an idiot, which has one pole at the end and one in the middle, is quite happy in his idiocy and makes better decisions.

That's profound, and damned clever.
                Clever indeed,
                No one has even considered the new particle, dicovered in CERN, the 'Browns Quangotron'. It leaves Higgs and his Bozon standing

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Clever indeed,
                  No one has even considered the new particle, dicovered in CERN, the 'Browns Quangotron'. It leaves Higgs and his Bozon standing.
                  Brown's Quangotron, of course! That must be what makes up the mysterious Dark Matter, the 87% of Brown's fiscal universe that is invisible, doesn't seem to do anything, but weighs down the rest.

And this is the hidden meaning of the original joke? Astounding. It might just have rewritten physics, economics and astronomy all in one, particle-packing go!

Comment

Working...
                  X