• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snot Goblin; not my fault!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I heard a news item on the BBC yesterday saying that the city has lost confidence in Brown. But I haven't heard it repeated so it might not be true.

(Or it might just be the BBC being reminded of their responsibilities.)
    It's because of that naughty man Robert Peston who keeps telling everybody the latest news. At least that's what Cyberpillock says.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Did he mention hard-working families and fairness?

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
        I do find it amusing that when things were "going well" (in his eye), it was solely down to him - yet as soon as things go wrong it is out of his control.

Typical politician.
        I see no shi*

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          It's because of that naughty man Robert Peston who keeps telling everybody the latest news. At least that's what Cyberpillock says.

You're the pillock if you think it is good for Peston to know market sensitive information and leak it via the BBC to cause a run on a bank. That's exactly why he is being investigated.
          It's perfectly possible that some of his millionaire buddies have made a fortune on the back of this, and there are laws against it. You have probably never heard of 'insider trading' as you show amazing ignorance in your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            You're the pillock if you think it is good for Peston to know market sensitive information and leak it via the BBC to cause a run on a bank. That's exactly why he is being investigated.
            It's perfectly possible that some of his millionaire buddies have made a fortune on the back of this, and there are laws against it. You have probably never heard of 'insider trading' as you show amazing ignorance in your post.
            He's a journalist. If he has the information he should publish it. It's up to the owners of that information to guard it better.

Comment

He's a journalist. If he has the information he should publish it. It's up to the owners of that information to guard it better.

He is being leaked market sensitive information probably via his friends in the Treasury. Sometimes in this world just because you have information you do not go spreading it around if you know that it is going to cause major damage or hurt to people.

I cannot remember what the story was but there was an occasion last year where the press all agreed not to publish certain information because it would have caused untold damage. There is an element of personal responsibility here that sadly seems to be totally lacking in left-wing circles of Labour and the BBC.

Comment

"You're the pillock if you think it is good for XXXX to know sensitive information and leak it"

I am sure that is just what Nixon said.

Comment

He is being leaked market sensitive information probably via his friends in the Treasury. Sometimes in this world just because you have information you do not go spreading it around if you know that it is going to cause major damage or hurt to people.

I cannot remember what the story was but there was an occasion last year where the press all agreed not to publish certain information because it would have caused untold damage. There is an element of personal responsibility here that sadly seems to be totally lacking in left-wing circles of Labour and the BBC.
                  If you have information that a major high street bank is about to go under, you can do two things;
                  1 protect the shareholders and management by keeping your mouth shut
                  2 protect the customers by telling everyone the news

Seeing as 2 is, and should be the default action for a journalist, Peston was right. If banks and the treasury are too bloody incompetent to manage their own finances and the flow of information to and from their own employees then I'm glad we have people like Robert Peston to expose that.

Comment

If you have information that a major high street bank is about to go under, you can do two things;
                    1 protect the shareholders and management by keeping your mouth shut
                    2 protect the customers by telling everyone the news

Seeing as 2 is, and should be the default action for a journalist, Peston was right. If banks and the treasury are too bloody incompetent to manage their own finances and the flow of information to and from their own employees then I'm glad we have people like Robert Peston to expose that.

If HMG and the Treasury are too incompetent to avoid leaks somebody there should be sacked. Personally I believe that they were all in on this in order to publicise what baddies the private sector are and to attempt to show HMG in a good light.. My, my, my, how that backfired !!!!

Comment

If HMG and the Treasury are too incompetent to avoid leaks somebody there should be sacked.
                      Agreed

Personally I believe that they were all in on this in order to publicise what baddies the private sector are and to attempt to show HMG in a good light
                      That sounds like a conspiracy theory of almost David Icke proportions.

Comment

Working...
                      X