• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wimmin' in Management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown
    yeh right... you men are full of hot air and bull sh1te.... at the project am on lots of fat old wimmin managers... all the consultants and contractors jus tpussy foot round them, suck up to them etc, they know their place and behave like little mice ......

so spare us the fantasy and hot air macho blah blah blah ..
    well Sandy if you want to try it out, I am known for being accomdating.....just to prove there is no hot air...
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

you men are full of hot air and bull sh1te....
      Says CUK's cyber-tranny of the year.

Comment

JC we all know you aint got a dick ... or balls for that matter ...
        Really? It keeps it keeps Mrs JC happy.

Although I may concede that yours may be bigger.
        Last edited by The Late, Great JC; 29 September 2005, 10:49.
        Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

Much to my shame, I will have to admit that most of my women managers have not been very good.
          Bit too emotional and in the case of 2 of them at least, unable to separate personal issues from project issues.

One of them was realting anything bad happening to her as the product of sexist attitudes, where it clearly wasn't the case.

I am not sure I would make a very good manager myself. The only time when I was asked to lead a (small) team, I ended up messing it up as one of the guys wasn't pulling his weight and I couldn't face having to tell him off, and never did.

I have a suspicion that men are generally better at being rational, keeping things logical and factual and distance themselves emotionally from the problems they face.

I am happy not being a manager, just a techy, as long as the money's good and the politics are 0% of the workload, great!!
          Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Very important observation from Becs. Whether you're a man or a woman, know your limitations, learn from previous mistakes, and avoid things you know you're no good at.

Comment

I can honestly say that I have never met any 'emotional' women managers. Most of the women I've encountered in proper management roles have been real bitches.
              And before someone counters with the old 'when a man does something's it's okay but when a woman does the same thing she's called a bitch', no. There are decent managers and there are bastards/bitches.

Comment

Whats up Sandy, you were so chilled yesterday!

I take it the flirting gent has found another target today and you are feeling rejected.
                Come on sweetheart tell us what you need, we will try and make you feel better.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I've had 3 different women above me at work, and only the last one was ruled my the moon. She didn't like it when she found out I was getting much more than her though.

Comment

I report to a bloke at the moment, but my previous 11 managers going back to 1996 were all women. One of them could be slightly bizarre at times, but professionally they were all OK.

Comment

I prefer working for women most of the time, seem to get on better, then having said that my current manager is a bloke, who I guess really is a big woman when it come to some things.
                      SA says;
                      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X