• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    The way I see it is: (and please correct me, because I really haven't been paying any attention to much of this!)
    • The government is in a huge amount of debt (bit of an understatement)
    • Business' are going bust (so less tax is being made from business')
    • Thousands of people are being made redundant (less tax being received)
    • Thousands are loosing their homes (less council tax and banks loosing even more money on negative equity mortgages)
    • More and more people are signing on and claiming employment benefits (doll)
    • More and more people are claiming housing benefits
    • There is no incentives to put money into the bank and save, as interest rates are sh*t

Surely this will just keep getting worse and worse???
    You forgot to include the ageing population drawing public-sector and state pensions that are funded out of current taxation.

Comment

Has anyone considered the fact that once your household income for the year is near to £0, you then qualify for the full whack of tax credits (if you have kids). Combine this with other benefits and nobody will be wanting to go back to work after next year!..
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
      X