• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ungrateful bastards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Cameron View Post
    David Cameron
    Not worth listening to

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Can anyone remember the poll lead that Kinnock had over Major in the run-up to the 1992 election?

Polls are meaningless - I still reckon that Labour can pull it out of the bag at the next election.
      Bush won two elections - so anything can happen! (Note I did not say that the American's voted him in - there is probably a disconnect there!).

The problem with the UK is that both (if not all three) major parties are by and large very similar in both the proposition they pose to the electorate; and they certainly all revert to type over time.

Mind you, this may be as a result of the civil service; which I feel is largely to blame for governments becoming ineffectual. See Digby Jones' comments earlier this week! At the beginning of a government the new party in power don't mind upsetting the mandarins - by the end they are as institutionalised as the mandarins themselves!

Time for a good shake up.

Comment

Can anyone remember the poll lead that Kinnock had over Major in the run-up to the 1992 election?

Polls are meaningless - I still reckon that Labour can pull it out of the bag at the next election.

What planet are you on ? If you think that holding off until 2010 when we have almost four million unemployed, almost a million having lost their homes, and megabillions being added to National Debt every week means that people will still vote for Labour there really is no hope for UK PLC.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
          Bush won two elections - so anything can happen! (Note I did not say that the American's voted him in - there is probably a disconnect there!).
          ....that has more to do with the fact that the US voting system is one of the most corrupt on the planet than who people think they voted for.

At least here, regardless of who wins we can be safe in the knowledge that they did actually win (according to our system, which I don't actually agree with).
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by David Cameron View Post
            Excellent, finally the mindless masses are recognising my genius.
            Sorry, who are you again?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by adestor View Post
              Ha ! Looking forward to the next election when Gordon and his incompetent numpties get kicked out.
              Now perhaps you realise why I hung on as long as I did.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                ....that has more to do with the fact that the US voting system is one of the most corrupt on the planet than who people think they voted for.

At least here, regardless of who wins we can be safe in the knowledge that they did actually win (according to our system, which I don't actually agree with).
                You can't really argue with the second election. The first was stolen, but the second was won as fairly as any other election in the US has been. Bush won the popular vote and the electoral college vote in the second election.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You can't really argue with the second election. The first was stolen, but the second was won as fairly as any other election in the US has been. Bush won the popular vote and the electoral college vote in the second election.
                  But imagine Al Gore as president...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    But imagine Al Gore as president...
                    The US wouldn't have wasted $800+ bn on an illegal war? We wouldn't have gone to war in Iraq? US might have funded the FBI in their search for Al-Quaeda before 9/11? The president might have actually read the PDB entitled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US"? Greenspan would not have backed the tax cuts for the rich, or cut interest rates to 1%, encouraging banks to borrow more, magnifying the credit crunch?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The US wouldn't have wasted $800+ bn on an illegal war? We wouldn't have gone to war in Iraq? US might have funded the FBI in their search for Al-Quaeda before 9/11? The president might have actually read the PDB entitled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US"? Greenspan would not have backed the tax cuts for the rich, or cut interest rates to 1%, encouraging banks to borrow more, magnifying the credit crunch?
                      Some would have been done differently, for better or for worse.

But about al-quaeda and the taliban, the democrats had ignored the problem during the previous eight years and just let it develop. Furthermore, much of his Inconvenient Truth video seems to have been inconveniently untrue.

Comment

Working...
                      X