• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mental note:dont leave your laptop in a restaurant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I think he got mugged on Canal street
    I see what you've done there.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

In a previous life when my laptop went missing the insurance company tried to tell me this is the replacement laptop you will have.

I pointed out to them that they do not have to use the laptop and if that was how they were going to play it I would see them in court for fraud.

Got the laptop I wanted in the end, we have since parted company but that is a different story!
      Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        One of the managers here had his latop stolen from the boot of his car in an Ikea carpark last week. Thieves drilled the lock out and nicked it while he was inside.

Comment from the polic on reporting it was that thieves in the area have been targetting cars with jackets hung up in the back or on the back seat since there is a good chance there is something worth nicking in there even if they cant see it.
        Same happened to me a couple of years ago at Sainsburys in Uxbridge - but they nicked the clients, mine, and Ipod nano and an old creative lab mp3 player amongst other things. The police just gave me the phone number of the person to get a claim ref number as there was nothing they could do.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by pleomax View Post
          Got the laptop I wanted in the end, we have since parted company but that is a different story!
          It will have to be a corker to top chef's bus - restaurant combo.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            Same happened to me a couple of years ago at Sainsburys in Uxbridge - but they nicked the clients, mine, and Ipod nano and an old creative lab mp3 player amongst other things. The police just gave me the phone number of the person to get a claim ref number as there was nothing they could do.
            Can the police do anything about anything?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They're are ways to detect electronic goods in car boots
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Can the police do anything about anything?
                Yes, if they have the safety camera photo.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  Yes, if they have the safety camera photo.
                  What happened to taking fingerprints and looking for eyewitnesses?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    What happened to taking fingerprints and looking for eyewitnesses?
                    It got scuppered by the judges.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5512118.ece

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                      Bloody hell. Is this what it's come to? You have to lie a bit more in court?

Comment

Working...
                      X