• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories 10 points ahead of Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    You just set me off by stating that the banks should be forced to lend !! Oh, the irony !!!!

No. That is what I think GB will do. I would do what Maggie would have done. Focus on the money supply and not spending more than we earn. Take the pain now and in 5 years we will have a decent economy.

There is the small matter of an election but if we invade France I am sure everyone would be very grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      There is the small matter of an election but if we invade France I am sure everyone would be very grateful.
      And we get access to nuclear power stations.

Boomed!!!
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        I suppose the people might accept economic incompetence in return for a government strong on .....
        wildly hosing money around?

Comment

At the last general election Labour polled seventy thousand fewer votes in England than the Conservatives, yet won ninety-two more seats. The Tory's 10 point lead probably brings them around level.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            At the last general election Labour polled seventy thousand fewer votes in England than the Conservatives, yet won ninety-two more seats. The Tory's 10 point lead probably brings them around level.
            Yes. I read today that the Tories will address this anomaly if they win the election, by re-arranging the boundaries and removing 60 seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              wildly hosing money around?
              Oh dear, just had a horrid vision of McSnotty standing on Nelson's Column in T Square, with a giant fire hose between his legs hosing £5 notes all over the place saying "Yeah, havit, I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD"

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Yes. I read today that the Tories will address this anomaly if they win the election, by re-arranging the boundaries and removing 60 seats.
                Looking forward to this immensly. Will be a real testament to the voice of the nation if the tories win in 2010 and have a majority based on todays b0rked boundaries.

Comment

Times running it as well:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5504673.ece
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                  X