• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car War

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't own a car, get around by bike.

Honda CBR600RR

Comment

Originally posted by poser View Post
      alfa romeo 147 , 2.0 ts lusso
      Ahhh, I remember I had one of these. 51 plate, bought it brand new, sold it 14 months later, lost 7k. Still, lovely lovely car. Big alloys and satnav.

Now got a Merc E class in silver with the panoramic roof. Had to get two new back tyres over Xmas. Even me, a contractor, did a double take on the price of those (260 quid a pop for 2x Continental 265/35/18). The kids think it looks like a taxi, a fact I was able to argue about until someone tried to flag me down the other week. I mean, honestly. Still, easiest 30 quid I ever made. Not really, joking.

"Keep them at 24,000"
      "No, feet"

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
        05 plate Toyota Yaris 1.3. 85,000 miles on the clock. Never gone wrong!
        You are sasguru and I claim my mint condition £5

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
          Don't own a car, get around by bike.

Honda CBR600RR
          Oooh - one of the contactors got killed coming to work on a bike - bet he wished he kept to his sarb!
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            Oooh - one of the contactors got killed coming to work on a bike - bet he wished he kept to his sarb!
            Probably a "born again biker" Too many think they are the skillllllz and end up buying a superfastbike at 4X years old, then promptly go and write both the bike and themselves off.

I am an Audi fan btw, do like the RS4 (will never buy one most likely)

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
              Probably a "born again biker" Too many think they are the skillllllz and end up buying a superfastbike at 4X years old, then promptly go and write both the bike and themselves off.

I am an Audi fan btw, do like the RS4 (will never buy one most likely)
              Me too!

Prefer "Range Rovers" for comfort and pissing off the environment *******!

Comment

1996 Fiat Punto 1.0l bought for £400 - I win!!!

does 45 to the gallon and has never given up on us

depreciation isnt an issue

Comment

1999 Honda Accord 2.0 SE

Extremely boring. Extremely good motor. No need to change (probably worth didly squat now).
                  Beer
                  is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

54' Rav4 D4D XT4
                    Nice motor, big enough to carry all our snowboarding & sailing tulip and comfortable enough, but not so big that it's impossible to drive around town.

I'm confident this is a stone-cold loser in any Car War.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

2001 Mazda 626 - 140K
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                      X